Fordmods Logo

twin turbo + twin supercharger eb 

Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

VIC, Australia

i never said it was going to produce huge power did i, so i cant see why it would be dreaming, anyway it looks (has) been proven it can be done. so no realy point to do it..... rather put the money into my vl and make it fly....

Spooling soon...

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

There was one more modern car that had both turbo and supercharger. The Nissan March Super-Turbo. It had a positive displacement supercharger and big turbo. I think it was set up:

Air filter - Turbo - Intercooler - throttle - bypass to engine or supercharger inlet - engine.

So at low revs the turbo (which is not making much boost) blew into the supercharger. Once the turbo was making a certain boost it opened a bypass valve into the intake and disconnected the supercharger. Interesting idea.

Anyway let MARMO have his dreams. He sounds reasonably capable even if the costs would blow out and it wouldn't be any faster. People just want to be different. Anyway if nobody tried anything crazy we wouldn't have a forum!

Although I wouldn't mention the VL, I mean when they were new they were a good effort for a company like holden but generally it was only the nissan engine which made them desireable and the rest was a jury rigged pile of engineering crap. Nowadays they are pretty poor for the money people are paying for them. I have had a ride in a few and there just too old/loose/crap interior/poor suspension.

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Post subject: Re: twin turbo + twin supercharger eb
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:35 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

So its been 5 years now, how we coming along?

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Marmo bought a Naturally aspirated VL and joined calaisturbo. He put it through someones back fence not long after his last post here. Don't worry he survived unharmed but he'll never come back to fordmods any time soon.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Didn't he also create his own fab business and suck at it. I'm pretty sure he is protig on there now.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

With those BS fabricating skills he should come work with me, would fit right in at a law firm.

This thread made my day.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

funny thread, i opened it, read it, laughed and thought here we go. skipped to the last page and read, " he bought a calais and put it through a fence " ha ha

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

what a knob-jockey...................................!!!!!

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

just reading the beginning of this post made me laugh so hard, mate for a start you have no idea what you wanna do in the first page you wanted to do the eb then buy a cbr then buy a bmw then only mod it then change your mind again im actually intrigued what the second page would say your gonna build a mansion in redfern lol. and secondly you have no idea bout cars give up now you say you want between 200 and 300 rwk mate you could do that with one turbo and ten k budget might buy just the turbos and superchargers, give up unless you have forty grand to blow, its not a job that you do for a school project

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

wow dont worry bout the second page hows the last just seen it now your a f**k wanker mate no more needs to be said

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Hahah, couldn't handle the dreamer twin turbo + twin supercharger combo. :roll:

On another note, the idea he was after isn't something new. the parasitic loses is not worth the hassle, time and money. that kind of experimental was dead and buried back in the 70's & 80's. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:35 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
Hahah, couldn't handle the dreamer twin turbo + twin supercharger combo. :roll:

On another note, the idea he was after isn't something new. the parasitic loses is not worth the hassle, time and money. that kind of experimental was dead and buried back in the 70's & 80's. :lol:

Volkswagen's new Polo and Golf use a twincharged engine, supercharger and turbo, but not two of each lol.

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yeah I know, there's a few stories I've heard of when they first came out back in 2006, like finding the synchronising problems when they switch in and out between the roots & turbo. stuff like faulty electromagnetic clutch for the roots thats driven off the coolant pump on a separate belt. then there's the turbo bypass valve that stays open at low rpm or both open even at high rpm.

for a little 1.4L engine, there's a lot of hassles when things don't cooperate. but apart from that, not bad little cars. to bad some 2.0L version has better fuel economy. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 98 EL futura

NSW, Australia

you should fully do it hektik kuz mad sik fully, i read this thread but i didnt really understand it, it was all over the place, the whole time i was thinking y not just get a snort kit n a new fuel pump injectors and ecu goodies, then tune thatd b close on to ure budget.

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hey guys, nothing like throwing petrol on a fire thats already blazing away quite nicely - check this out - Chev convertible with, count `em, EIGHT turbochargers......http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl= ... vAPdmJnJDg

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next