Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

orloxsis wrote:
sickd wrote:
orloxsis wrote:
My dad used to own a EX Cop VH SL/E Commodore... with a 5 litre V8... the police mods included... Larger carby, High pressure fuel pump, extractors and twin 2.25" exhaust.. im pretty sure that would go harder than a stock 5 Litre SL/E....

Other than that.. the car was a piece of s**t... fell apart... and rusted to death.

can tell you now the BT1 bro has no power parts on it they were just like any other car just yellow or white and had FE2 suspension my best mate works at holden as a mechanic and told me its just a bit hype that all wogs think they go harder, the only one that had anything was the vl turbo and that was same as a non cop one.

This commy had work done, might not have been done by the police who owned it, but it did have work done to it.

yeah sorry mate i was not havin a stab at ya story i believe you the car had work, just straightenin the bt1 factor lol cheers mate :)

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Post subject: XR
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:15 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

FM guys with non XR v8's have run 15.5s passses with just minor exhaust and CAI mods, etc, so having said that woulda thought the XR could whip up at least a sub or mid 15 pass.

I should get off my a**, and goto AIR. And have some real proof on the EL II XR8

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok my xr8 is slightly modded.. ie zorst, diff, gearbox, CAI, unichip, etc etc.. also has gt intake manifold, even tho its a marginal incrase over the stock el2xr8 fitment, and elgt maf..

still..

absolutely killed a xr6na.. went from behind him at lights(so had to wait for him to go before i could) to beside him by the time i got to 100kms.. well maybe 110.. but even then thats 1-2 carlengths gain on about 150/200 metres of road..

oh and yes he was trying.. hell he zipped past me pretty quick leading up to the lights aswell, so the guy wanted some actiono..

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF XR8 5spd

NSW, Australia

Before i modded my ef xr8 (listed below) it was basically stock apart from pacemaker headers, exhaust and a k&n panel filter, so i would have had around 185kw's i would imagine, it's a manual and i ran consistant 15.4-15.5's with a bit of clutch slip in 2nd & 3rd gear so i think that would have had similar performance to a el2xr8. At the end of the day everyone drives different and every motor is differt stock or not..

EF XR8 5spd: 302ci /178rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

kato wrote:
Before i modded my ef xr8 (listed below) it was basically stock apart from pacemaker headers, exhaust and a k&n panel filter, so i would have had around 185kw's i would imagine, it's a manual and i ran consistant 15.4-15.5's with a bit of clutch slip in 2nd & 3rd gear so i think that would have had similar performance to a el2xr8. At the end of the day everyone drives different and every motor is differt stock or not..

And from what I hear / read, especially Windsors...

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4