Fordmods Logo

Bore sizes in blocks 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Scaffy wrote:
I don't know if they have exactly what I want. I had a quick look. I didn't see the Dart Sportsman in there. I've been looking at a few US stores and AD Performance looks like it could be the go...

Here's the link

http://www.adperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index

Although they can supply a balanced short block, I think I'd rather get the parts and have the engine built here by someone I can trust due to the fact that if anything goes wrong, I'm not going to be able to send it back to them in the US

www.fordstrokers.com can supply you any block you want as well as being tied up with www.camshaft innovations .com my point is you get to discuss with one outfit all the parts matched to work together

spose its all about quality bits for the right prtice

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
SRP don't do a piston for the 4.125" or larger bore in a Windsor, but JE do. Ultimately you may find you'll need a custom piston to get the comression ratio correct.

JE and SRP are the same company. SRP is there cheaper range of off-the-shelf pistons. ANYTHING is available from JE/SRP, and not always as a custom, they have a lot in stock that is not in there catalogues.

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

fairy v8 wrote:
Scaffy wrote:
I don't know if they have exactly what I want. I had a quick look. I didn't see the Dart Sportsman in there. I've been looking at a few US stores and AD Performance looks like it could be the go...

Here's the link

http://www.adperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index

Although they can supply a balanced short block, I think I'd rather get the parts and have the engine built here by someone I can trust due to the fact that if anything goes wrong, I'm not going to be able to send it back to them in the US

www.fordstrokers.com can supply you any block you want as well as being tied up with www.camshaft innovations .com my point is you get to discuss with one outfit all the parts matched to work together

spose its all about quality bits for the right prtice

Cool mate. I'll definately have to have a chat to them about it when the time comes. I'll be doing the same with AD Performance as well, as they do the lot too. Between now and then I may find a different supplier who is cheaper still. I wouldn't go buying anything until I have every last drop of information I require to choose the right parts. The end decision, though, will be with whoever ends up building my engine. I've got a couple of local outfits in mind who it'll be a toss-up between. The Aussie cars and conditions are different to what they're running these motors in over there, so local knowledge will always be an advantage.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

good on ya ...its amazing what you can come up with if you take your time and look around like your doin ....good luck

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I would try summit racing.. http://www.summitracing.com/streetandst ... chFAQs.asp
They vertually own TFS..
If it was me I would just get Custom C.P pistons..
BTW forged pistons DON'T knock like the TRW's etc.. Most the good forged pistons now quite tight clearances for the power levels..
Another ??? I would run a mech cam, if I built another engine..
Again it would have to be custom as most mech cams have too much lift / duration..
A mild mech will rev out way better than hydro cam .. Roller mech cams don't require much maintinance either...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Last edited by EBXR8380 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
I'd been looking on the JE site but found nothing. I've been thinking that as when the time comes, I'll probably be changing everything out, I may have a long motor for sale... but only time will tell.

Custom !!
http://www.jepistons.com/cat/je/auto/fo ... bore.shtml

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Scaffy wrote:
I'd been looking on the JE site but found nothing. I've been thinking that as when the time comes, I'll probably be changing everything out, I may have a long motor for sale... but only time will tell.

Custom !!

WTF 64cc heads end up with around 14:1 compression ratio depending on the stroke in a 9.5" block, 56cc ends up with around 16:1, hmm are we doing a turbo diesel conversion :lol:

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Scaffy wrote:

Custom !!

Cheers mate. I obviously missed that page. Very helpful indeed.

Oh, I missed sooty72's post up there. I think Dave (BOTTLEDUP) is aware that JE and SRP are the same company. He works in the performance industry and knows his s**t. The fact they are the same company doesn't change the fact SRP don't make a piston to suit what I require.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3