Fordmods Logo

Cobra manifold 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Cobra manifold
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

if everyone bought a racing catalouge instead of discussing here about interchanging/specs of parts, then the forums wouldnt be such a wealth of knowledge then would they?

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:17 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

if everyone bought a Ford racing catalog they would have at least some information that they could then discuss here.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

The catalogue is a great guide, not only for small blocks but for big blocks, mod motors, bits and pieces and guides on how to set your motor up, fuel injection etc etc. Not a bad read.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
You do have every right to ask questions and myself and others have given you answers.
I made a suggestion that you and others get hold of a Ford racing catalog for the information(including the very intake you asked questions about as it is a Ford racing part!).
You chose to talk about not being able to afford anything so I gave an appropriate response.
An appreciative response would have been "thanks I'll check it out"

You posted in the wrong post because i can afford a cobra manifold, i cant afford 1500+ for heads.
If your gonna scrutinize me get it right :D
You just assumed that i couldnt afford the manifold because i said both sets of heads are out of my ballpark, am i right pete?
Well you were wrong dude and by the sounds of it i shouldnt be asking info about parts unless i can straight up afford to get them then and there :shock:
Then you post advice in my gt40 head post about how i can send the heads separately when you knew full well that i couldnt afford them, whats the point do you just like stirring s**t.
A big thankyou to everyone else who helped out i really do appreciate it :D
Cheers shannon

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

milo 302 wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
You do have every right to ask questions and myself and others have given you answers.
I made a suggestion that you and others get hold of a Ford racing catalog for the information(including the very intake you asked questions about as it is a Ford racing part!).
You chose to talk about not being able to afford anything so I gave an appropriate response.
An appreciative response would have been "thanks I'll check it out"

You posted in the wrong post because i can afford a cobra manifold, i cant afford 1500+ for heads.
If your gonna scrutinize me get it right :D
You just assumed that i couldnt afford the manifold because i said both sets of heads are out of my ballpark, am i right pete?
Well you were wrong dude and by the sounds of it i shouldnt be asking info about parts unless i can straight up afford to get them then and there :shock:
Then you post advice in my gt40 head post about how i can send the heads separately when you knew full well that i couldnt afford them, whats the point do you just like stirring s**t.
A big thankyou to everyone else who helped out i really do appreciate it :D
Cheers shannon

Remember this? "i honestly have never looked at a ford racing catalogue, cant afford the stuff. :("
I was giving you a clue to information not price yet, you chose talk about price. I didn't assume YOU TOLD ME!?
Are you saying you don't understand what you yourself wrote or I did you just forget?
I was responding to your answer plain and simple...and trust me if I was giving you s**t you'd know about it.
As for the other post...someone else actually mentioned the single shipping method...I was just confirming it would work...I was trying to help...it looks like don't appreciate help from me so ok I won't give you anymore advice.
It seems it's you who has the poor people skills.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

No worries :D

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:

Note that '93 Cobra-R is a 5.0...the engine is the same as the base '93 Cobra, it's was all body and suspension work on the R model. The cam is different to the HO cam.

Yes .. The "95 R " was a 351...

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2005/svtcobraspec95.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVT_Cobra

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Milo, I would just stick with the Explorer if I were you. Get plenty of power out of that and maybe speak to somone about doing a port-match for you. Keep your eyes out for second hand stuff from the U.S. on the link that was provided in the previous post, in relation to the heads. I've seen some pretty cheap stuff on there. Just a matter of being able to work out if the sellers are straight-up.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8 220 Manual

i know the explorer manifolds dont have the cutout for the air intake temp sensor. do the cobra manifolds actually have the hole for these like the HO manifolds do? this would be a good thing from a tune point of view as i have heard people having tuning trouble from running the IAT in the intake pipe upstream?

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

My cobra does have the sensor hole built in.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2