Fordmods Logo

Gas VS petrol performance?? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

micknkell, you should go back for your 1500k check. Its just so they can be sure that there are no leaks or problems. If you dont go back , they may say that you have voided your warranty if something goes astray later on.

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:18 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

^^^^^ Also seeing you have a manchester tank, there is a recall on a particular batch of pressure relief valves: http://www.lpgaustralia.com.au/displayc ... iclenbr=17 .
Yours may not be affected, but get them to check it out - it's a no cost replacement anyway.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Post subject: Re: Gas VS petrol performance??
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Ben_Daui wrote:
Is there any powerloss with duel fuel compared to petrol only or straight gas?
I drove a 5.0L with duel fuel on gas and it did not have the pick up compared to my EB.

Would extractors & snorkel make a difference & can extractors be mounted to a Duel Fuel setup??

The Car I want to buy is a DC LTD & I figure putting the extractors off the EB into the DC.

If you have a look at the size of the hole in the mixer, its any wonder they loose power on LPG.
My belief is, its LPG only, or Petrol only, not both. You can build an engine for LPG, and will be great for that, but run petrol in it, and theres probs.
You get better performance with higher comp ratios for Gas, to make use of its higher Octane rating. Having a good breathing mixer unit helps heaps. It's horses for courses.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Samsy wrote:
micknkell, you should go back for your 1500k check. Its just so they can be sure that there are no leaks or problems. If you dont go back , they may say that you have voided your warranty if something goes astray later on.

No worries Samsy, I will be taking it back just to be on the safe side. Never can be too careful Eh!

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
^^^^^ Also seeing you have a manchester tank, there is a recall on a particular batch of pressure relief valves: http://www.lpgaustralia.com.au/displayc ... iclenbr=17 .
Yours may not be affected, but get them to check it out - it's a no cost replacement anyway.

Thanks for the heads up snap! I think mine will be ok as it is stamped as 10/07 as it has just been installed early November. But I will get him to check it anyway. The notice seems to be quite old as follows:
1) Vehicles fitted with "Manchester" brand LPG Autogas cylinders with test dates August 2003 to March 2005.

2) Vehicles fitted with older LPG Autogas cylinders (10 years or older) of any brand that have been retested between September 2001 and August 2005.
Can't hurt to get him to check it but.

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2