Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
FLASH wrote:
Oh, i thought it was a clevo and thats why the deck height was too big for production.

My bad i stand corrected.

The 351W has a different block to the 302W, deck height stands taller, heads are further apart & manifold from 302W won't fit.

The clevo block on the other hand, the bottom end can be changed from 302 to 351, and even stroked to 383.

Macca wrote:
Yeah but the biggest problem you can not fix is it will still sound s**t, like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I dunno about that, i've heard a couple of mild turbo 4l's and they didn't sound too horrible, but i've also heard some really hot turbo 4l's & they did sound good, but i don't think it was better than the sound of a thumping 8! I grew up around hot 302 & 351 clevo powered falcon's my parents owned, and hot v8 holdens my older brothers owned, a HG 308 prem & a genuine HQ SS 253 4spd. I've got a 253, stock internal in my HZ pano, with stock manifolds, just a nice 2.5" system with a hot dog & 1 sports muffler, and for a stocker man it sounds great. I can't wait to get extractors on it!

My EB is just a 4lt 6, but i've got extractors, 2.5" system from cat all the way back, 1 sports muffler & 1 res. It sounds good for a legal ford six. It sounded better without the res but it was way too loud to be legal. Damn fun police!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Yeah i knew the 302w and the 351w are different blocks.
And the 302 clevo and 351 clevo where the same, they have the same bore size but different strokes.

I just thought the ea gt had a clevo, i was mistaken.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

um rebuild cost to much let alone turbo rebuild. yea i spose i could remove full fuel system.

can they will they check my engine number to see if its a 302 or 351 cause i could alwasy say its a 302c

um i want soem thing different but easy as well. would there be much difference in weight in a 82 351 and a 96 302w?

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

The fact that Ford made the excuse that the '51 was too big was a weak limp wristed excuse. There is more clearance for a windsor 351 in a EA-EL engine bay than a 5.4 DOHC V8 in a BA. Sorry for going off track but Ford were just starting to pull their heads out when that EA prototype was built. Still took them a while(read Tickford) to release a decent windsor from a salesroom....

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The other worry would be the capacity increase is quite large. In nsw i think only 10% is aloud, so based on the largest engine available for the ef, you fall short. the maximum would be 5.5L (but hay your in qld so it may be dif) + there is a bit more weight to support even compared to the Windsor (afaik) so it may need a bit of chassis work.

Not true, it goes on weight as well. When i looked at doing my EF, i was told 484cui was the biggest i could go for the weight of the fairmont. I dont know what that is in litres, but a 427 is 7 litres
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yea i think weight is also a issue but if ashcook can get a 351 into xf which had a 250 as ateh largest option. i can't see 2 much drama.

now how easy of a job is it? and what do u reckon it would cost?

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: F150 EL mont&2001 cobra

QLD, Australia

banarcus wrote:
There is a fella on FFAU who lives up Cairns/Innisvale?? way who legally converted his EA to run a clevo on straight LPG. Backed up with a T5 as well.

What is his user name?

Smoken the hides in top gear

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:00 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2