Post subject: Re: MSD 6A spark amplifiers
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Werent they. I brought my plug and play on the west coast as was over there for work and the dealer had one in stock. Flew back east, had it in the car for 6 weeks and it failed. I knew rocket were the distributor but they wanted me to return it to place of purchase so they could send it to them. No way i was paying postage for est to west coast, then have the original supplier return it east for fixing, then rocket ship it back west so the dealer could then sting me again for postage back to Sydney. I now only deal with Summitt or Jegs. I havent had a problem since, and they have stated that if it fails they will provide me with a replacement item and pay for shipping back to the states.

Go figure.

Brett

They're unreal. Mine failed again a couple of weeks ago when I was driving down the Hwy at 70km/h. Lost all spark, pulled over, bypassed unit and away I went. I haven't been in a rush to return it as I know what the outcome will be. The car doesn't feel like it runs any different NA, but am concerned I will need it when I run it on the bottle again. Last time it was just a matter of re-soldering an output and I'm sure it's the same this time. I'm sure I'll be able to find someone local who can do iit for 30 bucks, if that.

It's taught me a lesson though. Don't buy this stuff local. Like Brett said, if you buy it from the US and it fails, they pay your postage and honour their warranties. These clowns can go sit on a pole.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Post subject: Re: MSD 6A spark amplifiers
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

This is why I say don't touch em. I've had my Crane Hi-6 on 4 cars and it's still going strong...it's 15 years old! I don't have car with a dizzy now but I'm keeping it in case I have one on the Cougar....though probably not.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2