XB GT COUPE IN A YARD!!!! 

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: XB GT COUPE IN A YARD!!!!
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1974 XB Fairmont

QLD, Australia

im a 14 year old boy who loves xb's xa's gt's. so does my dad. but one day on our travels i said to him dad stop the car!!!. and said did and he said what!?!?! look over the fence and he said holy s**t its a bloody coupe. so we got out started looking at it closely it was done up as a gt in tropicana green. dad said he knew about for ages. he reckons it was there for over 7 years in the yard. so i said lets ask if we can buy it. the car is located in a yard of a not so wealthy house in surburbia but anyway we went up to the door and knocked. a lady came to the door with a baby. dad said hey um i drove past and saw the old ford just wondering is it for sale and she said nup, nup its his baby. if it was his baby he would have it in the shed the motor had been pulled apart and it was in the tall grass next to the engine bay including heads block and all it had rust all up the roof gutters so dad is going to offer him his boat for the coupe if all goes well coupe here we come. (P.S) we looked at the compliance plates and it said jg66 i was like yeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwww!!!!. anyone tell me how i might be able to convince him to sell it to me???

Post subject: Re: XB GT COUPE IN A YARD!!!!
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

Firstly, why should he sell it to you? Just because you love GT's, and saw it lying in a yard, doesnt give you the right to tell the guy you deserve to own it more than he does. He may not have a shed or workshop to keep it in, but not everyone can afford that. You said he had a baby? Maybe he had to move to cheaper housing and now cant afford a shed? There could be lots of reasons as to why it's out in the weather, and your probably not the first guy to lob up and try to score his GT for a bargain price. It takes all of about 30 seconds to find what an XB GT coupe is worth nowadays, so he will know what it's worth, what it could be worth, etc. Don't expect to get it for the price of an e-series.

If the guy has debts/bills/financial issues, he might be keen to sell it, but that's his call. If you get pushy, he'll know you REALLY want it, so be careful.

Good luck. 8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

XB in a yard near my old place too.
I went and asked the guy living there if he'd sell it. He said it was his wifes and she wasn't keen to sell it.
I asked her and she said it was her dads who had recently passed.
I told her to shed it or it would be worthless in 2 years.
2 weeks later there was a shed up.
I didn't get the car. But im glad I influenced it to be better looked after.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: el boori falcoon

QLD, Australia

did they not teach you grammer skills in school kid, i didnt read it because of the crap grammer.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

elboori wrote:
did they not teach you grammer skills in school kid, i didnt read it because of the crap grammer.

Mate, don't pull the kid up on his grammar - but then not even be able to spell the word!!! :roll:

As for the XB, by all means politely ask if they want to sell, even make an offer to them, but don't be even vaguely surprised if they say no - as others have said, every man and his dog knows what they are worth these days - I get offers, on average, around 3 times a week and some offers are, frankly, crazy in my opinion - like $25 K when it was still a 6, $30+K now that its a 351 - I have no intention of selling, and my car's obviously not a GT or anything... within a kilometre of my place I know of an XB, and an XC - both coupes, both cars I wouldn't have worried about in the 80's cos they are so rough, yet I've made offers on both of them (and been refused) - there's also a charger I have my eye on, was never big on them in the day but this one's a factory 340 so well worth chasing.. All you can do is express your interest, make an offer, leave your details but don't hassle too much - like others have said, you don't `deserve' to have this car any more than anyone else; all you can do is ask..

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

dont take this too personally, but if youve had offers of over 30k then your a crackhead for not taking them

another 6k on top of the sale of your dinosaur would see you into a good used example G6ET which would do EVERYTHING better than that old car......... as nostalgic as the old school cars are, i personally would let the big spenders go silly over them and reap the rewards of their ridiculous valuations & stupidity

edited: woops drunken post from last night, but the point still stands i guess

Last edited by FordFairmont on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

what the f**k :?

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EF SERIES 2 XR6

NSW, Australia

have you seen the prices for good 2 door falcons?? s**t ones in need of some serious tlc will pull 10 grand, hell even a good rolling shell could get up to 5

96 EF XR6 Factory 5 sp, currently in the middle of building a new motor
75 XB hardtop, factory 351-4speed 9 inch 81000 genuine km's

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

even a s**t rolling shell gets basically that.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
dont take this too personally, but if youve had offers of over 30k then your a crackhead for not taking them

another 6k on top of the sale of your dinosaur would see you into a good used example G6ET which would do EVERYTHING better than that old car......... as nostalgic as the old school cars are, i personally would let the big spenders go silly over them and reap the rewards of their ridiculous valuations & stupidity

Saying this in an X series forum ...........Where is ya split mate... people own these older cars for the nostalga fool... you dont bye an old school X series coz its quiet coz its cumfy, coz its fuel efficient, i dont know any one that would pick a bloody G6ET over my XY i own...grumpy, loud, street cred,something different, something that will be worth more and more as time goes on if looked after, something that you actualy need some type of skill to drive, whats ya new type of car worth it 10 yr's .........NOTHING........... :shock:

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

409Stroker wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:

Saying this in an X series forum ...........Where is ya split mate... people own these older cars for the nostalga fool... you dont bye an old school X series coz its quiet coz its cumfy, coz its fuel efficient, i dont know any one that would pick a bloody G6ET over my XY i own...grumpy, loud, street cred,something different, something that will be worth more and more as time goes on if looked after, something that you actualy need some type of skill to drive, whats ya new type of car worth it 10 yr's .........NOTHING........... :shock:

plus, in 10 years people will STILL be looking at it drive past in awe at its beauty.
a G6ET wont get that in ten years, it will just be another car by then
given the choice, i would choose a nice Early model falcon over a new car any day. because they are 11ty times cooler

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

I sold my rusted out XA coupe 5 yrs ago for 1800. Mind you it went with a cleveland in bits, with most of a rebuild kit, a set of new extractors, most of a ZC? fairlan aircon system (all under dash) a C9 and a C4 tranny, all the panels obviously so they did pretty well actually. I wish I had have kept it to be honest. Id have been able to get maybe 5-6g now. Ah well. I agree with the other posts above though, A G6E will never have the cred of a fat v8 coupe. At least not for anyone that currently has pubes anyway, maybe a 2 year old might think its fully b**ch in 10 years time...

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

dylby1 wrote:
409Stroker wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:

plus, in 10 years people will STILL be looking at it drive past in awe at its beauty.
a G6ET wont get that in ten years, it will just be another car by then
given the choice, i would choose a nice Early model falcon over a new car any day. because they are 11ty times cooler

Look at the XR6T when it first came out. every dreamer wished he'd had one. now you see housing bogans driving around them. you see a well looked after BA-FG XR6T at the yard and you wouldn't bother to have a second look. they're so common it's like looking at a base model poverty pack falcon.
Now if I was to see a XM to XD falcon with street machine appeal I'll probably cause an accident due to me hitting the anchors just to pull over as close to the yard. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Hmmm, looks like everyone agrees with me on this one, you reckon I should sell my coupe and buy an FG - and you call ME a crackhead???????????????? ROFL etc. Everytime I drive my coupe I enjoy the experience, as does 90 % of the people who see it - I get offers to buy it every week, thumbs up from just about everyone from little kids to chicks. It goes hard and disgraces plenty of new cars off the lights - it has a soundtrack to die for (a 351 through 2 small mufflers with lots of crackle and pop on the overrun will do that) - and I should trade all that for a plastic blob that looks like a Camry??????????? yeah, right. Mate, YOU should get out there and drive a REAL car - who gives a toss for cruise control , A/C and more computers than NASA? At least if my car breaks down I understand it and can fix it, I don't need a team of technicians and a big fat wallet to keep it going. Oh, and lets not get started on value in years to come - I'm talking about a car I paid 1,500 bucks for, maybe sunk the same into, that I get offers of 30 K on (and they keep going up) - you are talking about a car that isdoing the exact opposite value wise and has no appeal at all, even new. :roll: OH, and you drive an AU????????????? Enough said - you drive the ugliest ford ever made, I drive arguably the best looking car they ever made. The end.

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
and has no appeal at all, even new. :roll:

I dont agree with this last bit, I think your ego may be running away with you a bit here. I, and many others wouldnt mind owning a G6E turbo... They are just too damned expensive. And, notwithstanding the fact that those motors make more and more power the further you wind the boost, Id say one of those Camry-esque blobs would give your car a f**k good run for its money, what with 300kw and all... so dont be so quick to judge old bean, your car may sound lovely and go like the powers of piss, but those new cars go just as well, at a frag the fuel usage, in more comfort, with the AC on.
And as for AU's, TS50 T3, far tougher than an old jalopy XB, the end.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 5  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next