Fordmods Logo

Ask Papa Smurf (about genuine ford parts) 

Page 123 of 190 [ 2837 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 190  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask Papa Smurf (about genuine ford parts)
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2004 BA Futura

VIC, Australia

Hmm, fair point!! Question for papasmurf: when you say 'the bar itself', as in the bf1 fairmont Ghia bar, is that part number the same as the bf1 xt front bar? Are the actual bumpers different between the bf1 xt/SR/fairmonts at all?

2001 AUII Futura - Written off
2004 BA Futura - Mods only beginning...

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hi Papa, firstly thanks for the help with fixing the power steering leak in my AUII 6 after i had replaced the pump regarding the new adaptor nut

Now i have just purchased an AUII V8, and the power steering pump is buggered, and i am wondering when i replace this pump can i get away with a new o-ring on the high pressure line, or am i gonna have the same dramas again and need a new adaptor nut/new HPline?

Also my new car has a locked radio, do i just supply ford the VIN number or do i have to remove radio and give them the serial as well. Whats the going rate for supplying the code these days?

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

to jump in before george.... my local ford dealer gave me the code for my au from the rego papers (using vin) for free... about the only useful thing my local ford dealers ever done for me :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BaFROD wrote:
General question: when chasing up genuine ford parts, what's the best way to go about sourcing them? EBay is always my first stop, but are the dealerships our second option?

I think it is better to get a price from a Ford Parts dept first then go hunting a better price. I would always caution people to make sure that the quality of the CHEAP part they are buying is at least comparable to Genuine and, in the case of a expensive item make sure there is some sort of warranty attached. One other thing, ALWAYS ask an Ebay seller questions and don't let the pretty pic or that sales spiel get you sucked in.

One other thing, when you buy Genuine Ford, the part is covered by a 12 months/20,000 klm warranty that is NATION WIDE and you can ALWAYS take it to a Dealer Service dept to have the faulty item replaced at NO cost, just have to keep the invoice you bought it on and maybe you could jot down the date you fitted it and the klms showing, this is something needed when you have a part that needs a warranty replacement.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
BaFROD wrote:
General question: when chasing up genuine ford parts, what's the best way to go about sourcing them? EBay is always my first stop, but are the dealerships our second option?

I just thought I'd add here that alot of eBay sellers are actually selling new genuine items for MORE than the Ford retail price. ALWAYS check out the Ford price, THEN price the items elsewhere.

Look at this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Fairlan ... 3ca66440e8

The seller is asking $119 for a pair of these indicators. From Ford, they are less than $90 a pair, as Papa Smurf has quoted. I have seen the same thing happen with the NF/NL Fairlane Corner Lamps, selling on eBay for $300 a pair. They are $120 approx each from Ford.

Just trying to help people not get ripped off. People often think eBay will be cheaper, when its often not. :wink:

You can find the same thing happening with wreckers too.

You are SO right :)

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BaFROD wrote:
Hmm, fair point!! Question for Papa Smurf: when you say 'the bar itself', as in the bf1 Fairmont Ghia bar, is that part number the same as the BF1 XT front bar? Are the actual bumpers different between the BF1 XT/SR/Fairmonts at all?

I am sorry that I have led you astray with the price on the bar, the one I quoted is the BFII Ghia bar, the BFI bar is BAF 17C831 A $402.00 and the Fog lamp surrounds are BAF 17776 B R/H, BAF 17777 B L/H and are $83.00 each. The bar itself means just the plastic shell, no grille o anything else with it.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Hi Papa, firstly thanks for the help with fixing the power steering leak in my AUII 6 after i had replaced the pump regarding the new adaptor nut

Now i have just purchased an AUII V8, and the power steering pump is buggered, and i am wondering when i replace this pump can i get away with a new o-ring on the high pressure line, or am i gonna have the same dramas again and need a new adaptor nut/new HPline?

Also my new car has a locked radio, do i just supply ford the VIN number or do i have to remove radio and give them the serial as well. Whats the going rate for supplying the code these days?

With the HP line it would be better to use the same adaptor as the 6cyl one you got, it will fix the leak issue much better.

As Loy_Ryda said, you CAN be lucky and find a dealer who will not charge you but they can charge up to $25.00 for it. You need to take the rego papers and a license to get the radio code normally and just giving them the 6FPAAA JGSW....... should suffice. I would strongly suggest you write the number either in the owners book or give it to your Missus or Mum? :D

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2004 BA Futura

VIC, Australia

Oooookay, thanks for that. I'll probably source the bar itself from a wrecker, then grab genuine fog surrounds and lamps. Thanks man.

2001 AUII Futura - Written off
2004 BA Futura - Mods only beginning...

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1996 EL XR8

VIC, Australia

Hey papasmurf, was wondering if u could source the following...

- EL XR8 front bar (preferrably in navy blue (N9), but doesn't really matter)
- rear interior lights (above each rear door) for same car

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

metalgod_dave wrote:
Hey papasmurf, was wondering if u could source the following...
- EL XR8 front bar (preferrably in navy blue (N9), but doesn't really matter)
- rear interior lights (above each rear door) for same car

Unfortunately, the EL XR bar is long obsolete but the EF one you can still buy @ $1395.00.

As to the interior lamps, the same thing, obsolete :(

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
hey george
i am chasing the price front and rear brake rotors for a bf mk11
cheers, bear

I am assuming that you have STANDARD brakes so, front Discs AY 1125 AA $99.00 each and rears BGC 2C026 A $122.00 each.

hi george

thanx for that. i believe i have standard brakes, what brand are the rotors and are they slotted?

can you still get the ultima slotted, like the rotos you put on lucifa?

cheers, bear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BEAR80 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
hey george
i am chasing the price front and rear brake rotors for a bf mk11
cheers, bear

I am assuming that you have STANDARD brakes so, front Discs AY 1125 AA $99.00 each and rears BGC 2C026 A $122.00 each.

hi george
thanx for that. i believe i have standard brakes, what brand are the rotors and are they slotted?
can you still get the ultima slotted, like the rotos you put on lucifa?
cheers, bear

You can still get the ones I got but I will have to get an updated price. The ones I quoted here are standard Ford ones.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hi George,
Technical question time. Could you put up a comparrison diagramm of the SX/SY Territory Rear brakes compared to the AUII rear brakes. I am looking at doing a rear brake upgrade, as the fronts are done, but feel i need an equivilant rear set up. Our work Territory has MASSIVE rears, i think it is an SY.

Cheers
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Hi George,
Technical question time. Could you put up a comparrison diagramm of the SX/SY Territory Rear brakes compared to the AUII rear brakes. I am looking at doing a rear brake upgrade, as the fronts are done, but feel i need an equivilant rear set up. Our work Territory has MASSIVE rears, i think it is an SY.

Cheers
Brett

thats what my wrecker told me to use when I done my fronts, so it's been done. He mentioned something about swapping calipers left/right because they're opposed on the terry ? iirc.

Keen to see that info!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Hi George,
Technical question time. Could you put up a comparison diagram of the SX/SY Territory Rear brakes compared to the AUII rear brakes. I am looking at doing a rear brake upgrade, as the fronts are done, but feel i need an equivalent rear set up. Our work Territory has MASSIVE rears, i think it is an SY.
Cheers
Brett

Brett, I am doing the rear conversion on Lucifa to standard rear BA brakes using BA Wagon/Ute backing plates as they are different.
The Territory rear brakes are the same as the BF Hi series. To fit them to an AUII you would need to replace the rear calipers, backing plates, brake shields and of course, discs. They are 328mm discs and are vented. The rest of the stuff on your vehicle you could use.

Unfortunately the pics are for standard discs only.

Sort by  
 Page 123 of 190  [ 2837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 190  Next