Fordmods Logo

Ask Papa Smurf (about genuine ford parts) 

Page 20 of 190 [ 2837 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 190  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask Papa Smurf
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
hi,are the ef rear window rubbers still available----------GULP,how much are they?

The L/H is the only one available, it is the princely sum of $143.00. There is a place at St Marys that sells weatherstrips and the like for earlier model Holdens and Falcons, they might be a better option.?

Old Auto Rubber Co

Address: 4/4 Appin Plc Dunheved Industrial Park, St Marys, NSW, 2760
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sour ... 4&t=h&z=19

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

needfordspeed wrote:
And Papa Smurf, do you think you could get me a price on a BA XR6T fuel reg? They should be 400KPA.
Cheers!

I don't have the info as to whether they are 400KPA but, the price I can do :D
The part number is BA 9C968B and retail price is $133.00. The standard is the same
as the AU 6cyl standard, the AU XR6 one is $140.00 part number ERT 9C968A.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: supercharged eb

NSW, Australia

EBFAN666 wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
EBFAN666 wrote:
I see them on ebay all the time, you just need to look harder :lol:

bull. i've been looking since i bought the car

Like I said you must be looking in the wrong places, either last week or the week before, some bloke was selling a green eb bootlid and fairmont garnish with the SVO badge in it.

dude your not going to get one any time soon i got the last set off mick webb about 2 years ago and payed threw the a** for them,the boot lid that was on ebay didnt have the svo badge in it,it looks like he just added svo to the title,my best advice is to just keep looking on ebay.ive tryed to get some made but most places wont do them unless you want like 1000 of them due to the price of the resin bubble on the top

..My fake plant died because I forgot to pretend to water it..

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

svo_matt wrote:
EBFAN666 wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
EBFAN666 wrote:
I see them on ebay all the time, you just need to look harder :lol:

bull. i've been looking since i bought the car

Like I said you must be looking in the wrong places, either last week or the week before, some bloke was selling a green eb bootlid and fairmont garnish with the SVO badge in it.

dude your not going to get one any time soon i got the last set off mick webb about 2 years ago and payed threw the a** for them,the boot lid that was on ebay didnt have the svo badge in it,it looks like he just added svo to the title,my best advice is to just keep looking on ebay.ive tryed to get some made but most places wont do them unless you want like 1000 of them due to the price of the resin bubble on the top

so it's your fault i can't get any off Mick Webb. motherfu**ker. jokes
damn thats not what i wanted to hear

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

hi. can you please tell me what the RRP is for a 4 speed auto surround for a BA falcon.

are the BA and BF any different as i havent seen any BF ones bubbled, ive been told thats just beacause an LED is now used as the early bulbs are what heated the plates causing them to bubble?

thanks

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BF XR wrote:
hi. can you please tell me what the RRP is for a 4 speed auto surround for a BA falcon.

are the BA and BF any different as I haven't seen any BF ones bubbled, i've been told that's just because an LED is now used as the early bulbs are what heated the plates causing them to bubble?

thanks

The RRP for the surround is $39.50 part number BA F044F06A5 or the BF one same price,
BAF F044F06B9. If that is not what you mean, the actual housing plate that goes around the t-bar handle is $76.00 and part number is BA 7E213A. These are the same from BA to BFIII.

Attachment:
Piece.JPG

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

hi Papa smurf,

was wondering if i could please get a price on a set of front indicators to suit an ef/el xr6 if ford still stock them.

thanks heaps Papa.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
BF XR wrote:

are the BA and BF any different as I haven't seen any BF ones bubbled, i've been told that's just because an LED is now used as the early bulbs are what heated the plates causing them to bubble?

thanks

The RRP for the surround is $39.50 part number BA F044F06A5 or the BF one same price,
BAF F044F06B9. If that is not what you mean, the actual housing plate that goes around the t-bar handle is $76.00 and part number is BA 7E213A. These are the same from BA to BFIII.

Attachment:
Piece.JPG

the silver plate with the P R N D + - on it.. do you really need to remove the centre console to change?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BF XR wrote:
the silver plate with the P R N D + - on it.. do you really need to remove the centre console to change?

I am not sure as I have not done one of these myself but, I think you will be able to remove the side panels and gain access? or maybe the surround AROUND the part you require. The console on BA/BF is not like the earlier models, it comes as pieces.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

millard455 wrote:
hi Papa smurf,
was wondering if i could please get a price on a set of front indicators to suit an ef/el xr6 if ford still stock them.
thanks heaps Papa.

Yes Matey, they are still available, the price will shock you though. R/H one is EHTVE 13368A $280.00 and the L/H EHTVE 13369A same price. A bit much for plastic, $560.00 a pair. :roll:

You could try http://www.twinlight.com.au/ and see if they have something that isn't listed on their site? or, Ebay. I just saw 1 only left hand one with 7 bidders for it and it was up to $132.00.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
millard455 wrote:
hi Papa smurf,
thanks heaps Papa.

Yes Matey, they are still available, the price will shock you though. R/H one is EHTVE 13368A $280.00 and the L/H EHTVE 13369A same price. A bit much for plastic, $560.00 a pair. :roll:

You could try http://www.twinlight.com.au/ and see if they have something that isn't listed on their site? or, Ebay. I just saw 1 only left hand one with 7 bidders for it and it was up to $132.00.

thanks for that Papa,
yeah,lol i made sure i was sitting down when i checked for ya reply, ford spares pricing has blown me of my feet a few times in the past.

ill try the blokes from that link otherwise ill just keep my eye out on ebay
thanks once again mate.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
asizzy wrote:
Papa,
Gotta a question. I went to Ford and asked them for the o-ring for the high pressure line on the power steering pump and i was given a white plastic ring and a black rubber ring. I figured where the black one goes but the white one don't have a clue. Can you shed some light, please and can you confirm the black one to if i got it right.
Thanks

The white one is a mystery to me. To get at it, you need to take off the threaded nut off the end that goes into the pwr strg pump. The Threaded Nut is available new and so you have seen is the seal but, to replace that seal you have to get the threaded nut off, no can do simply. The only way to get that nut OFF is to hacksaw it off or use a nut cracker. But ya still will need to buy a NEW nut which BTW has the white seal inside ?? go figure.

You will need to buy a NEW nut part number F33C 3BF656BA $15.30. I am guessing that your hose is leaking at the back of the pump where the Pipe comes out? normal.

All you need to do is get the OLD one off (be careful not to cut too far) and put the NEW one on and it should fix the problem. The little rubber O ring goes on the end that screws to the rack, not really needed if it isn't leaking down there. :D

Early AU's had the same issue and in AU II they changed the nut fitting and seems to have fixed the problem. Our Used car guys used to do this ALL the time for leaking EL and AU we sold, cheaper than replacing the whole hose and pipe.

Papa Smurf, is the nut the same for an AU 1 V8?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Papa Smurf, is the nut the same for an AU 1 V8?

Yes it is up to the 11/1999 then they change to the BA 3F656A $11.00. I can't see why you couldn't use the new type nut on all of them, same HP line and same fitting on the Pump.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Hi papa smurf,

just wondering if ford still stock ef/el rear garnish badges for xr6 and futura, and if they do how much.

Cheers

1995 EF Futura
Port and Polished 94DT Tickford Head - Crow valve springs - 68mm Throttle Body - Wade 1673
4499 Pacemakers - 2.5" exhaust - Ti J3 Chip - 2J1 Techedge Logger -EL Tickford 3.45LSD -
XR low springs - Boge Turbo Shocks - Front DBA slotted Rotors - BA ESS shifter - Shift Kit

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
needfordspeed wrote:
And Papa Smurf, do you think you could get me a price on a BA XR6T fuel reg? They should be 400KPA.
Cheers!

I don't have the info as to whether they are 400KPA but, the price I can do :D
The part number is BA 9C968B and retail price is $133.00. The standard is the same
as the AU 6cyl standard, the AU XR6 one is $140.00 part number ERT 9C968A.

Thankyou!

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Sort by  
 Page 20 of 190  [ 2837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 190  Next