4 speed auto issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 4 speed auto issues
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: el fairmount

VIC, Australia

Hi
I have a problem with my 6 cyl el auto transmission and I would appreciate some advise
When starting on a cold morning I don't always get drive, if I wait a minute and give it a chance to warm up it is it is ok and works properly for the rest if the day.
My understanding of checking the fluid level is, you go for a drive to warm it up switch it off leave it for a few minutes then with the car level remove the level plug and the fluid should be up to the bottom of the hole, which it is.
I suspect my auto is a little tired as it has done 330000 kays, but it still drives ok
Any suggestions please

Post subject: Re: 4 speed auto issues
Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ford au2 ute

QLD, Australia

Hi mate, my advise is you need to replace every bit of tranny oil in the thing ...including what's in the torque converter. The oil is old and had it ...you can have it power flushed out ...or you can do it yourself ...I known people to drop the auto on the ground and do it .remember these are heavy beasts about 100kg ..but your auto needs a flushing and new oil for starters and oil filled to the right mark ...it pay you to do a full service ...and run a good quality oil :-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]