Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

FTR-XR6 wrote:
Is that a whiteline adj swaybar?

That 'cast' looking bit to the right of the caliper mount and below the swaybar is the caliper itself right? Just turned over to get it out of the way? Had me puzzled there for a bit until I realised.

Yeah, sure is the old caliper, sitting there all lonely and unloved now. I left it there so as to keep all the fluid in the system, because I have not made up my brake lines yet so suit the Brembo's.
The bars are Whiteline adjustables too, bloody good bits of kit if I do say too....

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Good work man

Im impressed - You must have some serious engine work in order to neeed to stop that good!

Nicko

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Neo_nick wrote:
Good work man

Im impressed - You must have some serious engine work in order to neeed to stop that good!

Thanks mate, and I have a bit of horsepower, but really wanted to see if it could be done, and how much interest it would generate, and if there is enough, I will make some up for guys here. I know there are a few in the works coming out soon.....and will see what the reaction they get too.
I just need to see what people want, because there is so many different ways to do all of this.
And above all, a properly engineered car, with amazing brakes, suspension, wheels and tyres, driveline.....etc is something I am keen on.
When I go to car shows and see 600 horsepower cars etc. with standard brakes, even seen drums on the rear, with cheap tyres, well it makes me cringe, because they forget the most imprtant part of the build, Stopping.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Mate... Ohhhh noice!! :D

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

347stroker wrote:
[When I go to car shows and see 600 horsepower cars etc. with standard brakes, even seen drums on the rear, with cheap tyres, well it makes me cringe, because they forget the most imprtant part of the build, Stopping.

totally agree. my brothers brother in law has rx5(ugliest shape of them all) with rx7 series 6 turbo motor in it. it goes like absolute stink but the engine conversion is all that has been done. stock brakes and suspension its a scary ride. handles like a boat and you have to allow a big gap in front if you're giving it the berries. not much point going fast if you can't stop and turn.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2