Fordmods Logo

BTR 4 speed auto TRANSMISSION CONTROLLER 

Page 9 of 16 [ 230 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Post subject: MegaSquirt-II General Purpose Input/Output Board Hardware
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

MegaSquirt-II General Purpose Input/Output Board Hardware

"Processor (CPU) http://www.megamanual.com/gpio/gpiohw.htm

The general purpose input/output board (GPIO) uses the HC9S12C32 processor from Motorola's HCS12 family of automotive grade processors.

The MC9S12C64MFA LQFP 48 pin version is used for the GPIO. It has a 0.5mm pitch lead spacing, and a 7mm x 7mm package. This is a true automotive processor with automotive temperature range (-40°C to +125°C). Its original use was for ABS braking systems - millions of these are being used in today's cars. Because it is used for braking control, not only is it tested and rated for automotive applications, it has an extended testing for latchup due to OEM safety requirements (see the specs in the electrical section of the data sheet). It is a true 16-bit processor with a true 16-bit data bus. "

http://www.megamanual.com/gpio/gpiohw.htm
cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

we are currently developing a stand alone controller to allow the use of the BTR 4 speeds behind carbied engines - ie cleveland / windsors for drag racing.
Initially it will provide full manual control of the trans, and later revisions will start incorporating a hostof features such parameter based automatic shifting, paddle control etc, for use in street cars.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

66 coupe wrote:
we are currently developing a stand alone controller to allow the use of the BTR 4 speeds behind carbied engines - ie cleveland / windsors for drag racing.
Initially it will provide full manual control of the trans, and later revisions will start incorporating a hostof features such parameter based automatic shifting, paddle control etc, for use in street cars.

Great! ill be in for one of these.... As id like mine to be manualised.

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi

Just got of the telephone with wolf engine managment systems

the new PLUG and play FORD EF EL falcon ecu version 5 ( V500 ) ecu is coming out soon with transmission control

It is in the test stage and things look promising , two cars are driving around with the system and there both automatics.

One down fall is the tempature gauge on the dash will not work , so one has to fit a aftermarket temp gauge.

Every thing else is working.

keep you posted

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
Hi

Just got of the telephone with wolf engine managment systems

the new PLUG and play FORD EF EL falcon ecu version 5 ( V500 ) ecu is coming out soon with transmission control

It is in the test stage and things look promising , two cars are driving around with the system and there both automatics.

One down full is the tempature gauge on the dash will not work , so one has to fit a aftermarket temp gauge.

Every thing else is working.

keep you posted

cheers

Yeah i was talking to robbie there earlier, i had to send him some info on the trans control side of things to get it working a bit better....
Its still around a week or so away from being complete.

It will be a good solution for those who want aftermarket engine management without having to piggyback the stock ecu for trans control.
The temp gauge is probably not a huge drama as you could use one or two of the outputs on the wolf to run an ok and a hi temp warning light if need be.

The trans controller we're working on will be stand alone, which will be mainly aimed at running BTR boxes behind carbied engines.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi

Find this megasquirt stuff very interesting

How to use an EEC-IV Adapter Board to MegaSquirt your Ford

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... dapter.htm

Ford EEC-IV to MegaSquirt adaptor Assembly Instructions http://www.megaefi.com/V20Assembly.htm

EEC-IV Connector removal http://www.megaefi.com/connectorremoval.htm

How to MegaSquirt your Ford Mustang http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... ustang.htm

EEC to MegaSquirt adaptor boards http://megaefi.com/

I suppose i better get back on the topic Transmission Controller , here is a link to a forum on Megasquirt GPIO Board possible to use as a coupled upto MS and/or stand alone unit as a transmission controller.

http://www.msefi.com/viewforum.php?f=88 ... a053f3f6e8

This is the forum for the General Purpose Input/Output expansion board for CAN enabled MegaSquirt-II and MicroSquirt

cheers

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XG

SA, Australia

any news on the stand alone controller?

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

still doing some testing etc so we're still a few weeks away yet.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XG

SA, Australia

let me know when it is done i will be keen as if you have a fully auto one,coloum shift would be a real pain to manual shift.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon

QLD, Australia

has anyone looked into the wear and tear side of things, will running them in manualised form wear out the gear box nemore then normal. just a thought. i am also very keep on this idea, as everyone keeps tellling me i cant put a race cam in an auto trans

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

we're still working on a full manual ECU for the BTR trans, they will probbaly be released very early next year which will allow full manual control of the transmission, TC lockup and line pressure. There is no harm in using an auto trans manually unless your downshifting at silly speeds.

The std ford 6cyl ecu's with large cams dont really work too well with auto's because of the loss of vacuum, a hi-stall converter will help this issue somewhat, but it depends what cam your planning on using, sometimes its worth going with an aftermarket ecu as well.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

Some progress is being made with the GPI/O Board

http://www.megamanual.com/4L60E/

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

66 coupe wrote:

Hi 66coupe , any updates on the stand alone PC for the BTR4 auto ?

provide full manual control of the trans?

automatic shifting, paddle control etc?

cheers

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Im now a reseller for the PCS gear, which have a trans computer which will do pretty much everything and anything. Currently working on base calibrations to suit the BTR's

http://www.shiftkits.com.au/tcu/tcu.pdf

Attachments:
tcu_product2.pdf [522.72 KiB]
Downloaded 519 times

Post subject: any specials for Fordmods.com members ?
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

66 coupe wrote:
Im now a reseller for the PCS gear, which have a trans computer which will do pretty much everything and anything. Currently working on base calibrations to suit the BTR's

http://www.shiftkits.com.au/tcu/tcu.pdf

Hi 66coupe , so I'm on the understanding you have a working BTr4 with a PCS computer controlling the automatic transmission?

I have been on there website before nice unit

Do you have price(s) for the PCS ? any specials for Fordmods.com members ?

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 16  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next