clutch fork 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: clutch fork
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

hey guys are the e series clutch forks a weak unit?

we converted my mates el xr6 and he's gone threw 2 clutch forks in less than 6 months the first one was with in a week and he snapped his new in half this morning, so i've fixed up his old one today and we're going to fit it over the weekend,

his first one had a leg snapped off of it so i've welded in a bit of flat bar, just going to drill a single hole so that the fork doesn't fall out like it was doing with the one he snapped this morning

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Post subject: Re: clutch fork
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
hey guys are the e series clutch forks a weak unit?

we converted my mates el xr6 and he's gone threw 2 clutch forks in less than 6 months the first one was with in a week and he snapped his new in half this morning, so i've fixed up his old one today and we're going to fit it over the weekend,

his first one had a leg snapped off of it so i've welded in a bit of flat bar, just going to drill a single hole so that the fork doesn't fall out like it was doing with the one he snapped this morning

have been warned of them bending..probably from the same reason the pedal box and the firewall does, bigger clutch and giving it too much hell id presume :D

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

he came out last weekend cause his throw out bearing was nosie, but he did a lifter recently and we dropped a new motor in so he hasn't flogged it cause he can't afford to fix it

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i hear they arent very expensive brand new, did you replace it with a brand new one or second hand? it couldve just been from age, being used every time you stop or change gears would weaken them eventually leading to breakage im sure

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

swapped the hole bell housing over from an xg ute, it's strange cause my brothers clutch cops a much harsher punishment then his, my brother dumps the clutch queit alot speically when he's pulling onto the high way for gear changes it's hard gear changing and his clutch cable and forks the same we put in it 3 years ago and prior to that it was a bush basher for 6 months

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

fixed up clutch fork

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

fixed??? the end of it where it locks onto the pivote pin is missing...

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah, i'm going to use his snapped one for measurements so i'll drill the hole when i get that,

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Fvck you guys are unreal.........I have an unrepaired/unstrengthened pedal box ( 88 EA one ), no strengthened firewall.....and no fvcking problems....I have a PBR RPM clutch, too.....and it doesn't slip.....and I have over 200hp at the treads.
Fvcked if I know how many times I have mentioned it......if the clutch cable is not adjusted properly, or the damn clutch is wearing out ( over adjusted cable to compensate ).....you will be trying to turn the fvcking clutch inside out.....OK!
You should also replace the " Shoulder Bolt " and the " Pivot Plate " where the end of the fork sits on.
Check the " Fork Insutator Bush " for the cable fork pulling through or opening the bend.
Check the cable for frays or damaged outer plastic sheath ( the wire cable is plastic coated ).....check the bushes for wear on the pedal pivot.....make sure the spline is lubed, and the g'box snout too where the release bearing slides on.
Are we straight now????

End of rant.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
Fvck you guys are unreal.........I have an unrepaired/unstrengthened pedal box ( 88 EA one ), no strengthened firewall.....and no fvcking problems....I have a PBR RPM clutch, too.....and it doesn't slip.....and I have over 200hp at the treads.
Fvcked if I know how many times I have mentioned it......if the clutch cable is not adjusted properly, or the damn clutch is wearing out ( over adjusted cable to compensate ).....you will be trying to turn the fvcking clutch inside out.....OK!
You should also replace the " Shoulder Bolt " and the " Pivot Plate " where the end of the fork sits on.
Check the " Fork Insutator Bush " for the cable fork pulling through or opening the bend.
Check the cable for frays or damaged outer plastic sheath ( the wire cable is plastic coated ).....check the bushes for wear on the pedal pivot.....make sure the spline is lubed, and the g'box snout too where the release bearing slides on.
Are we straight now????

End of rant.

:?

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

cjh wrote:
Are we straight now????

End of rant.

huh? i don't see what braught this rant on, we as in my brother and i came up with a theory that his completely taking is foot off the clutch and when he put it on he's standing on it rather forcefully, he has a excedy heavy duty clutch, unsure of what my brothers is but it's much heavier on the pedal than this one is

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:03 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
Are we straight now????End of rant.
cjh wrote:
Maybe your Humour Control needs adjusting....????.....:P

Yep, lighten up Dude . . . .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford AU ute

WA, Australia

yea man is it a standard clutch or a heavy duty ome ?

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

excedy tough clutch, heavy duty

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:25 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
excedy tough clutch, heavy duty

as you will find, the exedy h/d clutches are really easy on the pedal..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next