Fordmods Logo

EB T5 CONVERSION HELP? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: EB T5 CONVERSION HELP?
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I just want to let you know i've done a search on what i'm about to ask ok! i've nearly finnished my T5 Conversion in my EB.The trouble is i've got my box up and almost in the actual box sits about 1/2inch away from the bell housing so it frustrating thats it's almost in.Now if i try to turn on the back of the shaft on the box it wont turn around at all but if i pull the box back out a bit i can turn the shaft around from the rear of the box.Also i have'nt hooked my clutch cable up to the pedal yet.Will hooking the clutch up and getting someone to push it in help me get the rest of the box in?.Any help will be greatly appreciated and sorry to have to ask you all questions you've proberly been asked a million times before.

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Sounds like the clutch isnt in alignment. Did you use a tool to make sure it was centered properly?

The Gearbox is not going all the way in because your input shaft is hitting the Spigot bearing rather than going into it.

If you did use an alignment tool, and your supporting the gearbox on a trolley jack then you may just need to manouver it around until it slips into the spigot bearing. Up, down, left right etc. Shouldnt take too much, and dont move it too far or you'll damage the clutch etc

Nigel

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the reply buddy! i alighned the clutch ect, by eye but i've got the elighnment tool here brandnew so i suppose i should'nt have rushed it.So if it is hitting the spiggot bearing then i'm going to have to undo the bell housing and realighn the clutch and ect, up i suppose.

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Thats the one...

It needs to be very precise.

I have a 15 year old tool that i use - its an exact copy of an input shaft.

When its right it goes in quite easy.

Cheers

Nigel

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:20 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thats what i thought as it nearly going all the way in i thought i should have used the tool i have here from repco.Anyway it's back under the car to pull the box from under the car and take the bell housing off and alighn it all up again.Cheers all

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:58 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

you dont need a tool to do it..
if you first align the clutch up as best you can and tighten the clutch up.
fit the bellhousing
now if the box doesnt quite go all the way in..(make sure the input shaft is in the splines of the clutch plate)
connect your clutch cable up and adjust it so there is pedal. then get someone to sit in the car and push the clutch pedal in and hold it in while your pushing the box in..
this will release the clutch and the box should slide in...

easy!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]