Fordmods Logo

FG diff upgrade..spongey brakes and speedo is way out HELP?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: FG diff upgrade..spongey brakes and speedo is way out HELP??
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: fpv ute

QLD, Australia

Hi guys i have a FG base model ute that i am supercharging and i have upgraded my stock diff with a complete rear end from a BA FPV typhoon because it already has brembos on it and a 3.76 ratio lsd and i got it very cheap .

So far troubles ive come across is different tail shaft but i got a new one made up so thats sorted next problem which is the big one is the abs sensors on the FPV rear end had different plugs to the loom on the car and after some research i found that BA and BF apparently have a 3 channel abs setup and fg has a 4 channel abs setup anyways the only way i could get the factory abs sensors to fit was to swap them over from L-R and R-L and now my car is throwing an abs code, i have sweet fa brakes and they are spongey as hell and my speedo is saying im doing 25kms faster than im actually doing :(

does anyone know how i can fix this?? or if the stock fpv sensors will work if i solder the plugs from the factory fg diff onto them? Is there any way to override the abs and still have brakes that dont 10% work??
any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]