Fordmods Logo

I think it might be the shocks ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: I think it might be the shocks ?
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Falcon XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

Hey hows everyone going, Just a quick question

About 2 days ago i noticed that there a rattling noise coming from the rear of the car. I tested this and yes there is noise coming from the rear. Now im not sure if the shocks would be making this noise or is it something else? At the moment even small bumps on the road, and it makes noise.

The suspension is near new (6 months) with pedders springs and shocks (lowered).

Cheers

_Gianni_

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

I'm having the exact problem, but I don't know anything about suspension... somebody help lol.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

check bushes would be the first thing.
i've had a small rock stuck between the chassis and the lower control arm, and every time i hit a bump it would knock.

i've also had new shocks which flogged out not long after i bought them, they made a knock every time i hit a bump.

my wheel brace also made a noise which i thought was suspension related till i left the rear seat down and noticed how loud it was.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF XR6 5sp

NSW, Australia

Might be something stupidly simple.

check if the anti rattle clip on your brake pads has slipped out of its groove. I had an annoying rattle in the rear of my EF, thats what it was.

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Falcon XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

It was something stupid. Went to Ford this morning, they said the shock was loose. They said it needed 7 turns to tighten it up. Now its awsome.

Cheers all for the help.

_Gianni_

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

soulfire wrote:
I'm having the exact problem, but I don't know anything about suspension... somebody help lol.

I have the same problem as well :( I just got new shocks and springs put in my car a few weeks ago. I took it straight back and told them about the rattle but they reckon that everything's settling in fine etc. I aso had my diff done a while back so i thought maybe the oil and additive they used in it was starting to degrade a bit, but wouldn't explain why it's just doing it over bumps. All i know is it's f**king starting to piss me off, can hear it ALL the time unless i crank my stereo.

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

had a similiar problem with mine a while ago..turned out to be the springs seats..$15 jobs from ford just cut pieces of rubber easy to change to

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:35 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
soulfire wrote:

I have the same problem as well :( I just got new shocks and springs put in my car a few weeks ago. I took it straight back and told them about the rattle but they reckon that everything's settling in fine etc. I aso had my diff done a while back so i thought maybe the oil and additive they used in it was starting to degrade a bit, but wouldn't explain why it's just doing it over bumps. All i know is it's f**king starting to piss me off, can hear it ALL the time unless i crank my stereo.

Did you get Whiteline swaybars as well?
I've got the SAME f**k knock.
Used to only happen on the right, now it's both sides :x
I think I've chased it down to the whiteline bar actually being slightly wider, pushing the links closer to the body.
I have a mark on the floorpan where the right hand side link seems to be fouling.
I'm considering making up some 'custom' swaybar links to correct it.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Kingkezza wrote:
soulfire wrote:

Did you get Whiteline swaybars as well?
I've got the SAME f**k knock.
Used to only happen on the right, now it's both sides :x
I think I've chased it down to the whiteline bar actually being slightly wider, pushing the links closer to the body.
I have a mark on the floorpan where the right hand side link seems to be fouling.
I'm considering making up some 'custom' swaybar links to correct it.

Don't have whiteline swaybars yet mate, wil be getting them in about 2 or 3 weeks hopefully! Maybe one of the rear shocks does need tightening. It could be so many things though :( I wanna try and get this sorted out soon though because if what you're saying about the swaybas is true i'm going to have louder noises coming from it (if that's possible!)

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:46 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure on it yet.
I'll check my shocks too (did do them myself :P)
There is definately a mark on my floorpan though, so it must be hitting.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

also forgot to add - when i went to superlows, my exhaust just tapped the z bar (one that goes from chassis to diff across the back of it).
everytime i hit a bump it did this.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]