Pedder's suspension. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Pedder's suspension.
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

im looking to get my car lowered within the next few months and wondering what a good combination or brand is. since the closest dealer we have is the pedder's dealer of the year, last year. i was thinking of getting a quote on a full kit there. i'd like to know if its a good ride and a nice height.

Sports Ryder or GSR?

any feedback is appreciated.

cheers.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Post subject: Re: Pedder's suspension.
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

most people just go king springs with monroe shocks - i had boge in mine and was quite happy.
are you installing yourself or paying someone

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Pedders are quite expensive, they are a pretty good product though.

Kings are alright, had them in my last car and wasn't impressed (but relatively cheap). Shop around second hand, I got really lucky via ebay with pedders sportsrider springs for my au (irs) for $20.50 :lol: As said boge shocks are pretty good value for the money (I believe around $50 a corner for e series? Maybe a bit more for fronts?). I have KYB struts to go all round for my current car which I got for about $100 a corner but haven't fitted them yet.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Last edited by skidder on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:11 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
most people just go king springs with monroe shocks - i had boge in mine and was quite happy.

ahh since im not to flash with anything other than engine work or normal maintenance. most likely going to pay someone mate. i've heard mixed stories about pedders but alot of good about king springs. since the ride height is still stock, i just mainly want to get it done.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:26 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I run Pedders gear on everything except the rear shocks (getting around to them)...

Front is lowered with Pedders Sportsryder shocks on factory springs...

Rear is lowered on Pedders Grey Springs on factory shockers...

Thing I found with Pedders over King is that if you go to a Pedders dealer and say this is the combination I want to run (spring + shock)... They'll ask your rim size and they will tell you exactly how far the distance will be from the bottom of the rim to the top of the mud guard hole for the wheel (based one Kerb weight I assume)... And they are near spot on with their measurements too I've found... This assists you working it out before you purchase something and are not happy about it...

While I too have never heard anything bad about King but before I got on here to see the vast other quantities using them... If you rang King they would not give give you a measurement like Pedders do... So to me that screamed inferior product and inconsistencies in manufacturing... But now I'm aware of how many others use them, they seem to be alright...

The reason for the front set up in mine is you get some ride comfort back by using factory springs... But still lower it to a nice acceptable level... I have to roll my guards as they tire hooked it once (too fast through a dip into Maccas)... Again lower can be achieved by using this shocker with the red or grey Pedders spring... Do be prepared toi roll guard though... The shock works simply by having a lower spring carrier...

Food for though... Me, myself... Well I'm a Pedders man personally...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
I run Pedders gear on everything except the rear shocks (getting around to them)...

Front is lowered with Pedders Sportsryder shocks on factory springs...

Rear is lowered on Pedders Grey Springs on factory shockers...

Thing I found with Pedders over King is that if you go to a Pedders dealer and say this is the combination I want to run (spring + shock)... They'll ask your rim size and they will tell you exactly how far the distance will be from the bottom of the rim to the top of the mud guard hole for the wheel (based one Kerb weight I assume)... And they are near spot on with their measurements too I've found... This assists you working it out before you purchase something and are not happy about it...

While I too have never heard anything bad about King but before I got on here to see the vast other quantities using them... If you rang King they would not give give you a measurement like Pedders do... So to me that screamed inferior product and inconsistencies in manufacturing... But now I'm aware of how many others use them, they seem to be alright...

The reason for the front set up in mine is you get some ride comfort back by using factory springs... But still lower it to a nice acceptable level... I have to roll my guards as they tire hooked it once (too fast through a dip into Maccas)... Again lower can be achieved by using this shocker with the red or grey Pedders spring... Do be prepared toi roll guard though... The shock works simply by having a lower spring carrier...

Food for though... Me, myself... Well I'm a Pedders man personally...

Cheers,
Tim

thanks for giving me a bit of detail into Pedder's mate. just ive never used pedders before. they would have to be a quality product being a small company. the last e-series falcon i had was just a ef futura with 17's, super low king springs all round. currently i have pre au 18" 235's. do you reckon i'd have trouble with my guards?

considering i was going to go all out with a full sports ryder kit or GSR. i'd probably rather pay a bit more and not have guard trouble from body roll. but ill keep it mind mate never the less.

cheers.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

tire and wheel width determine whether you hit the guards or not...

I have 7.5" wheels with 235 tires... Overall diameter never changes a huge amount between common wheel and tire sizes...

Ie 15" 65 series is basically the same as 17" 45 series and 16" 50 series is fractionally smaller...

But going wide cause the wheel to come out a tad further (can only go back so far til you hit the upright)... Hence the dramas... Only happened when I was in a hurry one day... If you go at a slow pace through low pass sections of the road then no issues...

Personally with my tool box and that in the back the rear of my car sits a tad lower than the front and I hate that look with a passion... So I may one day get Pedders red springs and fit them to sportsryder shockers drop it a tad further in the front...

Apparently the baseball bat was the preferred method of rolling guards once... Unfortunately I don't have one so I am looking for another alternative to rolling mine a bit more... :?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

4.0L I6 wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:

ahh since im not to flash with anything other than engine work or normal maintenance. most likely going to pay someone mate. i've heard mixed stories about pedders but alot of good about king springs. since the ride height is still stock, i just mainly want to get it done.

I think you will find most of the mixed stories about Pedders will relate to costs.

The tragedy about driving a falcon, because lots of people who don't want to spend money have them they will rave over something which saves them $$$, plus most who run kings/monroe shocks probably haven't experienced a well set up car or won't fork out the dosh for more expensive gear. I used to think my kings/boge set up in my old car was fantastic until I rode in a custom wound spring/bilstein set up EL; realised how s**t my car really felt.

As I said before though it is all about how much you want to spend. The kings/boge set up I had was really good for the money I spent, but I wouldn't buy either again. As far as my pedders sportsrider/KYB set up goes will report back after I fit, as it is still pretty well priced for a daily car.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

i'll more than greatful to hear about the result with your new setup Skidder. im not really afraid to fork out the cashola when needed, just mainly want to be happy with the result like you do. as long as the rear doesnt sit as high as it does at the moment (stock) ill be more than happy. :wink:

i was looking at small combinations like just changing my springs but its apparently better just to do both shockers and springs. my old girl atm just has pedders comfort in the rear with heavy duty springs from when i brought it. even if i can get a set of monroe gt's with pedders or king springs super lows all round.

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:34 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

have had pedders all round in the eb1 for over 2 years now replaced all bushes with pedders last year and fitted race brakes 330mm brake kit with 18x8" mags and the car sticks to the road like nothing that i have previosly owned

pedders for the win

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I've got pedders white comfort gas shocks, short stroke versions, with kings ultra's in the front & sagged a bit supers (ultra height) in the rear. Gives a decent ride for the money, much better ride than monroe gt's were giving me with the same shocks. I wanted to go sports ryder but just didn't have the cash to do it.

I have sports ryder shocks & pedders red springs in my EB Xr8, and they feel even better than the setup in the Eb Ghia.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ebxr8

VIC, Australia

dude put pedders in my rx7 s2 after 400+ km it felt like I was driving on ice then I got an eb xr8 it had pedders on it 1 year old and the right front strut was blown,they were s**t once and still are I am using king springs super low with lowered kyb shocks and struts and nolathanes everywhere plus a rebuilt front end and it nearly handles as good as my rx when I put decent suspension in it

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I got Pedders Sports ryder shocks and srings, pedders bushs through the whole car, pedders 30mm front sway bar and 24mm rear adjustable sway bar. It handles like a go kart. People are very surprised when i take them for a drive.

I will be going Pedders XA extreme coilovers when these shocks eventually need replacing.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

I'm running new Genuine Firs bushes, Koni reds and pedders springs. This handles well, but needs swaybars. My old ED had Pedders sportsryder all round with bigger swaybars. Either combo is quite good.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]