Fordmods Logo

Replacing BA XR6 TURBO rear shafts,cv, and bearings..... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Replacing BA XR6 TURBO rear shafts,cv, and bearings.....
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hi guys,

I recently bought new LH and RH rear shafts with the cvs (one peice) and would like to give it a go at replacing it myself.

I do the minor stuff on my car like servicing/brakes but havent replaced a cv with shaft before and would like to know if theres plenty of work involved?

I understand the rear discs need to come off inc the hub which im sure has the bearings in there already? After the hub is off is it a simply matter off sliding of the shafts with the cv and replacing it with the new one? Would I at the same time would i need to re pack the bearings, and the shaft spline?

Im thiking of replacing both lh and rh rear bearings as they are making noise and are they also relatively easy to replace?

Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

cheers. :)

Post subject: Re: Replacing BA XR6 TURBO rear shafts,cv, and bearings.....
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

SIXSEATER wrote:
Hi guys,

I recently bought new LH and RH rear shafts with the cvs (one peice) and would like to give it a go at replacing it myself.

I do the minor stuff on my car like servicing/brakes but havent replaced a cv with shaft before and would like to know if theres plenty of work involved?

I understand the rear discs need to come off inc the hub which im sure has the bearings in there already? After the hub is off is it a simply matter off sliding of the shafts with the cv and replacing it with the new one? Would I at the same time would i need to re pack the bearings, and the shaft spline?

Im thiking of replacing both lh and rh rear bearings as they are making noise and are they also relatively easy to replace?

Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

cheers. :)

anyone?

Post subject: Re: Replacing BA XR6 TURBO rear shafts,cv, and bearings.....
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i guess i didnt need help
as i Just finished replacing the cv's with nizpro billet ones and am happy with the outcome. Everything seems intact and no leaks thus far....
Tested the stall but didnt rev too hard but yeah it was stalling fine and and the cvs were hodling on 3000rpm no probs but after that it just fried my mt's.... lol

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]