Fordmods Logo

Shift Kit - Do it yourself 

Page 44 of 53 [ 785 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 53  Next

Post subject: Re: Shift Kit - Do it yourself
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
i wired this up today using the V8 TCM diagram. It worked. Put a smile on my face the first time it shifted first to second under full noise. the tailshaft actually hit the floor LOL.

Great work dude! Except you shouldn't be giving that engine a hard time! Now you need to go buy the diff bump stop to stop this issue occurring, as it's not good for the tailshaft. If it has a balance button attached it may knock it off, like what happened to my Ghia.

The part is still available brand new from ford, about $35 iirc, starts with a XA part number. Your floor above the diff center will have 2 punch marks where you need to drill & fit it with self tappers or you will already have holes & just screw the bump stop into place.

Nice to know the v8 tcm is the same as the i6. I thought the TCM should be bolted to the peddle box. Does the NC have ABS? If not, you might find the TCM above the accelerator peddle on the peddle box.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

i was trying to look last night at about 9pm so nice and dark. i'll have a look during the day. if the TCM pinouts are the same would i just wire it the same as i did mine?

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

did the job today, very easy, jaycar sell a great little on/on dpdt push button switch, its chrome with a led ring around the button- nearly wet my pants when i saw it- very sexy, the kit went together great until i realized there is no difference in the change firmness with the switch in either position- the shift kit is always on, did i do something wrong

A friend will bail you out of jail, a mate sits beside and says "oh s**t what have we done now"
Tip for beginners, the coppa doesnt think its funny when you ask him to put your hooning fine on your spers account.

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8 ute

VIC, Australia

all_torque wrote:
did the job today, very easy, jaycar sell a great little on/on dpdt push button switch, its chrome with a led ring around the button- nearly wet my pants when i saw it- very sexy, the kit went together great until i realized there is no difference in the change firmness with the switch in either position- the shift kit is always on, did i do something wrong

Yes

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:56 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

thanks for your help on how to fix my problem, i did sort it out, i removed the left kick panel, pulled the shift kit wires out, re-soldered the ecu back up and tucked the shift kit away in the back of the garage, will try again when i find some patience and to answer your question 93_eb_fairmont bear grylls could grill all the bears coz he rocks

A friend will bail you out of jail, a mate sits beside and says "oh s**t what have we done now"
Tip for beginners, the coppa doesnt think its funny when you ask him to put your hooning fine on your spers account.

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:09 am 
Technical Contributor

VIC, Australia

all_torque wrote:
thanks for your help on how to fix my problem, i did sort it out, i removed the left kick panel, pulled the shift kit wires out, re-soldered the ecu back up and tucked the shift kit away in the back of the garage, will try again when i find some patience and to answer your question 93_eb_fairmont bear grylls could grill all the bears coz he rocks

What do you mean its always on? You didnt follow that one I posted a page back with just the switch and the pot did you? If you did, then no, it wont work. That was established as soon as I put it up.

If I have detected sarcasm in your first sentence like yeah thanks a LOT (insinuating that you are in fact not thankful) then Im gonna say f**k you and I dont get paid to answer all the stupid questions that this sort of thing attracts. Ive posted up the technical doc for all the 6's adjustable with an LED. If you dont want a switch or an LED, figure it out your f**k self. Every one of the adjustable/LED/switch diagrams have been confirmed (by people who have actually built and installed following the diagrams). If yours isn't working, whats that telling you? The diagram must be wrong and the other 20 people must have fluked it? It means you're a f**k failure and you f**k it.

If that was not sarcasm, disregard that paragraph^

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: NA Fairlane / FE LTD

VIC, Australia

HaHa. lol

Your owned.

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:48 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NC 5 Litre Fairlane

VIC, Australia

i have a nc 5lt series two. i would like two shift kit the auto i need a diagram of what wires an how to do it. if anyone could help that would be grate.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Woohoo success !!

Diagram below is for an Adjustable shift kit that is always "on" due to switch being deleted to suit EF/AU 6cyl models, but can be applied to other models using different pins in the ECU.

I beleive you dont need the switch, as when its turned down the shifts are soft as factory....... turn the dial all the way up and its harsh shifting. Leave it in the middle like i have and tuck the pot under the dash, and you have a nice firm shifting auto suitable for daily driving.

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NC 5 Litre Fairlane

VIC, Australia

and that should do the 5ltr yeah??

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: EF Fairmiont Ghia, XH 5speed

VIC, Australia

Fitted my shift kit up the other day and works great and very happy with the finished product nice and neat.. wet + shift into 2nd = good times :P heres a couple of pics of it all done..

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

this is a very good thing. works brilliantly. mine is still going after two months

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

For me this mod was fun to plan, make, fit and drive for the first two days.. Then it gets uncomfortable and your left wondering how much damage you are doing..

None of you are concerned about the potential of your tail shaft f**k snapping at 60-80-100-120-140-160+??

At most of those speeds, if anything goes wrong, your dead or seriously injured.

Im not bagging any of you out btw, i love modding cars, but this is a mod ive tried and will steer away from, kudos to the guys who worked this out too!

it can be fast and cheap,but it wont be reliable
it can be reliable and cheap,but it wont be fast
or you can be fast and reliable,but it wont be cheap

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:05 am 
Technical Contributor

VIC, Australia

-GAS-MAN- wrote:
For me this mod was fun to plan, make, fit and drive for the first two days.. Then it gets uncomfortable and your left wondering how much damage you are doing..

None of you are concerned about the potential of your tail shaft f**k snapping at 60-80-100-120-140-160+??

At most of those speeds, if anything goes wrong, your dead or seriously injured.

Im not bagging any of you out btw, i love modding cars, but this is a mod ive tried and will steer away from, kudos to the guys who worked this out too!

Think the same thing these days, also a few guys have ran down the 1/4 with the kit on vs kit off and it made no difference in the time

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

i only made mine to improve the sloppy factory shift in my AU, not to do sick chirps in upteenth gear

its left permantely on at 35% in the adjustable pot, which makes for a firm positive shift without any thuds or clunk from the drivetrain

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

I reckon for most people, like myself, it's one of those mods you have but only use once in a blue moon. I've only used mine a dozen or so times in the 2 odd years I've had it in. And even then it was only for a burst off the line up to 60 or for a little chirp in the wet from first to second. The rest of the time I have it off completely.

For the $40 or so it cost me I reckon it was one of the best bang for buck useless mods I've done.

Sort by  
 Page 44 of 53  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 53  Next