Fordmods Logo

Should Pre-AU Steelies fit on AU Hub? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

any AU onwards wheel will fit on the hub adapters...

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:24 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Bought the same ones from Tempe for EF2 V8 fitted with AU TE50 wheels, same prob as you, slid adapters (spacers) on, bolted adapters on using orig cars nuts, placed AU mag on, presto, mag wouldnt contact flat, took spacers down to machine shop, machined lip down to 5ml total hight, brought spacers back, fitted, placed wheel onto spacer, presto, wheel still dont fit flush, orig wheel nuts fouling with 5 opening on back of mags, off to bunnings for alloy honing wheel (drill attached) $10 and honed out 5 openings on back of mags, BINGO, all fitt snug as a rug, thats hows ya do it!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
took a wheel and a hub adapter to the engineer, he measured them up took the 4 hub adapters and the next day they all fit, still has the locating ring, he says it was just 0.3mm too far so he shaved it down for me for $20.00!

why didnt you get the place you bought them from fix em? you shouldn't have spent a dime getting them fixed~!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

kermey wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
took a wheel and a hub adapter to the engineer, he measured them up took the 4 hub adapters and the next day they all fit, still has the locating ring, he says it was just 0.3mm too far so he shaved it down for me for $20.00!

why didnt you get the place you bought them from fix em? you shouldn't have spent a dime getting them fixed~!

couse for $20.00 to have them locally it was better than having to send them all the way back to TempeTyres to get fixed!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

richard williams wrote:
I reckon the lip shouldn't be there at all. stick em on a lathe and whizz em down in 5 mins. I was actually thinking of making some on the lathe / mill myself after seeing $350 sale on ebay. If anyone else wants some let me know and if there is enough interest??? Incidentlally how much did they charge you for them new?

NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!

thats the centre bore, that lip is what carrys the weight of the vehicle not the studs. if they dont fit change them

OFFICIAL TOKEN BLACKY

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

richard williams wrote:
I reckon the lip shouldn't be there at all. stick em on a lathe and whizz em down in 5 mins. I was actually thinking of making some on the lathe / mill myself after seeing $350 sale on ebay. If anyone else wants some let me know and if there is enough interest??? Incidentlally how much did they charge you for them new?

NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!

thats the centre bore, that lip is what carrys the weight of the vehicle not the studs. if they dont fit change them

OFFICIAL TOKEN BLACKY

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2