Fordmods Logo

Squeeking AU front end. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Squeeking AU front end.
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU3

NSW, Australia

Have a bit of a squeeking noise come from the front of my AU3,originally thought it be the struts because to me sounds like a shagged strut,but i put in some other struts and the noise is still there,any ideas where it could be coming from?.
Im thinking maybe sway bar rubbers or engine mount.
But the strange thing is it gets alot worse and seems to appear when the air cons on.
It sounds exactlty like rubber rubbing against something (not the tyres,its certainly a suspension problem).Ive had someone push up and down on the front of the car when its stationary but no noise.
Any idea whould be great,it gets pretty annoying hearing it.

Post subject: Re: Squeeking AU front end.
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

if it get noiser as the car has the A/C on its possible the A/C compressor is causing the noise could also be like a belt tensioner or belt idler they squeek on load when the bearings are starting to go out but they will squeek all the time when once the bearings are getting f**k

could be a bearing on something thats just starting to go out

put the car in drive and hold the brake down just enough to make the motor have to work hard to move and see if it squeeks ull be doing a slow speed and if it does squeek its not the suspension

also u sure its not your brakes ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU3

NSW, Australia

100% sure its not the brakes,compressor or belt,sounds like a rubber rubbing againt something.Doesnt make a noise at all when stationary and air con on,only when driving.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

rubber doesnt squeek m8

metal to metal squeeks

only when driving...u sure its not the gearbox it can make some funny noises when was the last time it was serviced ?

Edit: one thing that just popped in my mind

check all your front suspension bolts make sure they f**k hell a** tight

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
rubber doesnt squeek m8

metal to metal squeeks

only when driving...u sure its not the gearbox it can make some funny noises when was the last time it was serviced ?

Edit: one thing that just popped in my mind

check all your front suspension bolts make sure they f**k hell a** tight

Please stop posting in tech areas!
dylanfh wrote:
Have a bit of a squeeking noise come from the front of my AU3,originally thought it be the struts because to me sounds like a shagged strut,but i put in some other struts and the noise is still there,any ideas where it could be coming from?.
Im thinking maybe sway bar rubbers or engine mount.
But the strange thing is it gets alot worse and seems to appear when the air cons on.
It sounds exactlty like rubber rubbing against something (not the tyres,its certainly a suspension problem).Ive had someone push up and down on the front of the car when its stationary but no noise.
Any idea whould be great,it gets pretty annoying hearing it.

Check that the Lower Control arm bolts are tight, and then check sway bar mount bolts. Also check the sway bar bushes.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]