Fordmods Logo

Xtreme Clutches - What one to get? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Xtreme Clutches - What one to get?
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Not a lot will break in these cars unless your running 200rwkw +... You might be unlucky and have an axle twist a bit, but its pretty unlikely! If you have a weak box and smash third, its possible to strip it, but again pretty unlikely! You might tear an engine mount..
Seriously, dont worry about it, just drive it. If something f**k up, it f**k up.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I was thinking about a cushioned button clutch for my EB, but went for a RPM organic HD setup instead, it was more within my current budget range & suitable for the power i have, and i don't think i'll be getting much more outta my EB, have too many other projects to work on.

Regarding engine mounts, they are not too hard to tear or weaken drastically when you have a manual. Mine with 50,000 kms on them are now getting too soft or they are torn, i can hear the exhaust knocking on the floorpan again. I've got an idea about how to make them last longer, but it will also increase vibration into the car somewhat, but i don't mind that. I'll be replacing the mounts again soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

ihatestok wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
so expect those components to fail.

This is definitely something you will have to keep in mind.
The problem i was having with my no name HD clutch was if you took off very hard with a new set of Dunlop 3000A's in the dry i found that sometimes my foot would be off the clutch and the engine would be revving, the tyres weren't spinning..........
Then the smell of burning clutch...The weak point.
So i put the xtreme clutch in and the clutch never slipped again......
Then i put some Eagle F1 ASYM tyres on and the grip is amazing and i can load up the clutch beautifully.
Which means with the extra force now going through my drive train, what will break next??????

I remember reading an article where the author had interviewed Brendan Mock after he built up that white EF or EL XR6 with a Powerdyne supercharger on it. He was running fairly s**t tyres on the rear to make that the slip point to prevent breaking the driveline.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Even the V8 supercars had some diff breakages and other problems when they got the sprint tyre!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2