Fordmods Logo

Your Opinions: Auto w/Hi Stall + Manualised Shift Kit or T5 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

ok well heres someone with half a clue lol. i have a ba with the stock auto box. done a few mods to the engine like the air intake, and very shortly an underdrive pulley. also done a full exhaust setup. i dont want to use my car for drags, dont intend to tow anything and im not out to break land speed records, but the ba is a hard car to move of the line. besides changing diff gears, what can i do to help this situation? would a shift kit help? a hi stall? or should i just save the pennies for a flash tune? although i thought a flash tune should be left till last on the list? also with the petrol prices the way they are i dont want to compromise to much economy.

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:10 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Ok what I like is not based on what you guys like. I will put it simply for you so you can understand.

There have to be a few people out there who have had both a shift kit and a T5 at some stage. I'm looking for their opinions on which is better for the common objectives - fun, speed and power.

Was also looking for someone to list the Pros vs. Cons of Shift Kit vs Manual.

I can do that myself but was really looking for the opinions of someone who has had both and wanted to see which one they liked better and why. I can way up the pros and cons theroy of each by myself, what I wanted was some practical experience pros and cons, NOT someone to say 'Get this becuase I have it and it's cool'. I wanted 'IMO you would be better off getting ... becuase when I had ... and I tried to .. this is what happened and that's not what I wanted it to do'

Get it? Experiences with both is what I wanted, I can read about them myself and figure out everything I need to, I cannot experience it before I buy it.

The car is not for towing. Not for puttting. Not for looks.

USER BANNED

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

kstevo wrote:
Ok what I like is not based on what you guys like. I will put it simply for you so you can understand.

There have to be a few people out there who have had both a shift kit and a T5 at some stage. I'm looking for their opinions on which is better for the common objectives - fun, speed and power.

Was also looking for someone to list the Pros vs. Cons of Shift Kit vs Manual.

I can do that myself but was really looking for the opinions of someone who has had both and wanted to see which one they liked better and why. I can way up the pros and cons theroy of each by myself, what I wanted was some practical experience pros and cons, NOT someone to say 'Get this becuase I have it and it's cool'. I wanted 'IMO you would be better off getting ... becuase when I had ... and I tried to .. this is what happened and that's not what I wanted it to do'

Get it? Experiences with both is what I wanted, I can read about them myself and figure out everything I need to, I cannot experience it before I buy it.

The car is not for towing. Not for puttting. Not for looks.

fun speed power.

fun is a personal thing. what is fun for you might be fun for someone els. as has been said a number of times befor, YOU NEED TO TELL US WHAT THE WILL BE USED FOR.

outright speed is purely Horsepower vs. Drag.

engines make power. gearboxes and transmissions don't.

I've had both, a 'shift kitted BTR' and a T5. they are both a PITA to drive on a day to day basis. you won't get a full manual BTR 4 speed, they are electronicly controlled.

now just a little friendly advice. i've read a few of you threads. they all have a few things in common.

You provide very little information. information is the key, You don't go to a doctor and say i feel sick and then expect him to fix you. No you give him as much information about how you feel and whats been happening.
IF you want helpful replies to you questions on here, YOU NEED TO PROVIDE AS MUCH INFORMATION AS YOU CAN.

YOUR ATTITUDE SUCKS. dude wake up to yourself. people are giving you s**t because you act like f**k. they will stir and stir untill you either leave the site or you fix your attitude. you need to choose which one.

and number three. YOUR ATTITUDE SUCKS BIG TIME.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Yeah ok I dont give alot of info and look for generalized opinions. My bad.

In some of my threads yeah I arch up but in alot of others I am really appreicative of the responces I get and am genuinly gratful. In the thread re my car, some of the people on this site are ghey. Yeah my car looks different and in many ways is overdone but just because it doesnt have the stock Ford look and I think it's worth more than the cost of your everyday EF doesn't mean it's not true to alot of people who dont do the little mods to Fords.

To the everyday onlooker my car looks pretty good and 'for a Ford' as the majority of the population has some strange hatred towards Fords, to the everyday Ford reconditioner it's overdone and looks out of place as a Ford. Out of place in line with other Fords isnt a bad thing though, different doesnt equal bad.

Also coming here and not really knowing jack s**t didnt help me put out very in depth and straight-forward questions. Gotta start somewhere...

USER BANNED

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: boonga ute

SA, Australia

kstevo wrote:
Yeah yeah whatever.

Cheers for the linkz though.

lol up to your old tricks i see...

anyway stick with an auto, i doubt you can work out how to work the clutch..

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

stalker wrote:
kstevo wrote:
Yeah yeah whatever.

Cheers for the linkz though.

lol up to your old tricks i see...

anyway stick with an auto, i doubt you can work out how to work the clutch..

:lol:

USER BANNED

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2