Where do i start? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Where do i start?
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1977 LTD Silver Monarch

QLD, Australia

Okay...last year i bought my Dad's 77 Silver monarch LTD. 351c FMX, all the goodies. Looks great from a distance but can see spots of bog and rust on close inspection. Stock engine, trans and diff all run sweet, 351 on lpg with 600 Holley. Interior is showing its age, but again looks fair. Overall car is in fair condition. I have decided i want to do a rebuild/resto/mod to it. I have a 4 cyl car that i need to get on the road before i begin project LTD. Trouble is...where the hell do i start. I know I'd like about 350-400HP, and my trans guy can rebuild FMX and 9" to make a nice strong setup. I have some shed space for all parts and the car body. Is there a specific process i should be going in? Is Fibreglassing the body okay? I have some rust in the boot edge where the rubber seal sits, looks like a bugger to fix, how do i tackle that? I guess guys, i have a vision of what i want the car to look like, but i have no idea of how to take the first steps to achieving this. All suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated.

three-five-one see ya..............

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]