Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AUIII XR8 220 riddle...
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU III XR8 347ci

ACT, Australia

Hi folks,

I’ve been trying to diagnose a nuisance issue with my manual AUIII XR8 220 whereby the first 2 cylinders on each bank (1,2 and 5,6) aren’t combusting while running. Runs like an absolute pig as you’d imagine and sounds like a tractor. Horribly rough idle and very hard to start, particularly soon after it’s been turned off.

I’ve performed the usual go-to diagnoses including: exhaust outlets for effected cylinders remain cool to touch while running, new plugs and leads, filters replaced, injectors professionally tested and cleaned - all ok, new fuel regulator, noid light on injectors which shows symmetrical spark across them all, spark tester shows adequate spark to all spark plugs.

I’ve since inspected the new spark plugs and the 4 effected ones are wet and covered in raw fuel.

I’ve run a scan tool through the computer which has thrown the following faults:

P0122 - throttle position sensor A circuit low
P0201 - cylinder 1 injector circuit open
P0202 - cylinder 2 injector circuit open
P0205 - cylinder 5 injector circuit open
P0206 - cylinder 6 injector circuit open
P0207 - cylinder 7 injector circuit open
P0208 - cylinder 8 injector circuit open
P0230 - fuel pump primary circuit
P0340 - camshaft position sensor A circuit (bank 1 or single sensor)
P0350 - ignition coil primary secondary circuit
P0351 - ignition coil A primary secondary circuit
P0500 - Vehicle speed sensor A

The last thing I have to check is cylinder compression when I source a gauge but for 200k kms I wouldn’t expect it to fail this (not blowing smoke, etc)

Is it in any way possible that the cam position sensor or synchroniser could be responsible given that its appears only 4 cylinders aren’t combusting?

Thanks all

Post subject: Re: AUIII XR8 220 riddle...
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Bassfreak55 wrote:
Hi folks,

I’ve been trying to diagnose a nuisance issue with my manual AUIII XR8 220 whereby the first 2 cylinders on each bank (1,2 and 5,6) aren’t combusting while running. Runs like an absolute pig as you’d imagine and sounds like a tractor. Horribly rough idle and very hard to start, particularly soon after it’s been turned off.

I’ve performed the usual go-to diagnoses including: exhaust outlets for effected cylinders remain cool to touch while running, new plugs and leads, filters replaced, injectors professionally tested and cleaned - all ok, new fuel regulator, noid light on injectors which shows symmetrical spark across them all, spark tester shows adequate spark to all spark plugs.

I’ve since inspected the new spark plugs and the 4 effected ones are wet and covered in raw fuel.

I’ve run a scan tool through the computer which has thrown the following faults:

The last thing I have to check is cylinder compression when I source a gauge but for 200k kms I wouldn’t expect it to fail this (not blowing smoke, etc)

Is it in any way possible that the cam position sensor or synchroniser could be responsible given that its appears only 4 cylinders aren’t combusting?

Thanks all

I remember seeing something very similar to this excerpt the car had been struck by lightning and needed alot of the wiring replaced.Not saying that this is what's happened to yours but that's alot of fault codes to come up at once though

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Bassfreak55 wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks all

if there is no "combustion" it will be one of three things - 1, spark _ 2, air _ 3, fuel.

you make no mention of changing the coil nor checking for pulses to the coils [i'm presuming AU3 were not running dizzy anymore?]

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

This surely has to be wiring related I think, had any luck with it yet?

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]