nf fairlane v8 power steering reservoir 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: nf fairlane v8 power steering reservoir
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford fairlane ghia 1995

NSW, Australia

G'day people,

I'm having trouble searching for a power steering reservoir with cap for my v8 nf fairlane ghia 1995. They are available in all other models and years except mine. Does anyone have a clue on where I might find one? I have tried looking everywhere on the line and wreckers as well, Driving me nuts. The lugs on the cap somehow broke off and now it leaks fluid.

Cheers, Drew.

Post subject: Re: nf fairlane v8 power steering reservoir
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:50 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

pity your not closer....... i have an EF/NF V8 motor here which is still fitted with the alternator, power steering pump, aircon pump & dizzy. does yours have the black cap?

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:24 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Yes it does. It was fine until I picked the car up from the auto electricians, took me a couple of days to realise when the car wouldn't kick over and power steering fluid leaked from the cap down the reservoir.
Left the car to sit for about a week before I tried again and it started just fine.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:59 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

like i said .... if ya was closer you could grab the whole thing. did you query the sparky?

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Nah it was 3 or 4 weeks later when it happened. I was driving the 6 cylinder, I have 6 and 8 cylinder 1995 fairlane nf ghia. The v8 wouldn't start when I was coming home from the mall, got it towed to the sparky and he put a new starter motor in it. Drove it home then was driving the 6 for a few weeks. Moved the 8 out of the garage, the driveway is on the lean, left it overnight and tried moving it the next day and it wouldn't kick over. When I did get it going The revs where jumping all over the place and it wouldn't hold idle, kept dying. Had a look under the bonnet and saw the cap was raised and fluid everywhere.
Left it for about a week and it kicked over fine. Fluid must have dried up. Been driving it with no probs, still paranoid about the cap and fluid leaking.

Where abouts are you? I can pay for postage aswell.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Fairlane95nf wrote:
Nah it was 3 or 4 weeks later when it happened. I was driving the 6 cylinder, I have 6 and 8 cylinder 1995 fairlane nf ghia. The v8 wouldn't start when I was coming home from the mall, got it towed to the sparky and he put a new starter motor in it. Drove it home then was driving the 6 for a few weeks. Moved the 8 out of the garage, the driveway is on the lean, left it overnight and tried moving it the next day and it wouldn't kick over. When I did get it going The revs where jumping all over the place and it wouldn't hold idle, kept dying. Had a look under the bonnet and saw the cap was raised and fluid everywhere.
Left it for about a week and it kicked over fine. Fluid must have dried up. Been driving it with no probs, still paranoid about the cap and fluid leaking.

Where abouts are you? I can pay for postage aswell.

ohh ok i missunderstood. would rather sell the whole thing as is not piece by piece. sorry. as it says ..... "Location: Geeelong, VIC, Australia"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]