Fordmods Logo

AU S2 dash into AU S1 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: AU S2 dash into AU S1
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

i have a series 1 Dash that was taken apart by an auto electrician and they have completely f*cked it up, i tried getting them to fix it but they have washed their hands of it and are denying any knowledge "it's was like that when it came in" etc

what happens is every time i go over a bump or a bumpy road the rear demister turns itself on and the HEATVAC control panel is no longer flush with the rest of the dash, i tried pushing it back in but the next time i go over anything other then a smooth surface it pops back out and turns on the rear demister!

so i though stuff it i'll go to a series 2 dash which doesnt have a panel its all just one unit (afaik)

can it swap straight in with out rewiring or swapping any BCM's over?

PS; i am done with those useless pr!cks i really don't trust them to touch my car again and possibly make things worse!

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Post subject: Re: AU S2 dash into AU S1
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
i have a series 1 Dash that was taken apart by an auto electrician and they have completely f*cked it up, i tried getting them to fix it but they have washed their hands of it and are denying any knowledge "it's was like that when it came in" etc

what happens is every time i go over a bump or a bumpy road the rear demister turns itself on and the HEATVAC control panel is no longer flush with the rest of the dash, i tried pushing it back in but the next time i go over anything other then a smooth surface it pops back out and turns on the rear demister!

so i though stuff it i'll go to a series 2 dash which doesnt have a panel its all just one unit (afaik)

can it swap straight in with out rewiring or swapping any BCM's over?

PS; i am done with those useless pr!cks i really don't trust them to touch my car again and possibly make things worse!

Hi GTFORDMAN.

believe you will have "some" issues with the wiring of the S2 dash but cannot confirm what. i know the clusters do not work correctly when swapped as i have done that. i'm lost by your statement of NO separate panel in the S2 dash as my old AU2 had the removable centre piece which housed the heater/aircon controls plus radio/clock & air vents as seen in the below pic.

if yours has similar it may not have been mounted correctly by them. there are two screws 'behind' the radio & two others behind the ashtray.

shows how the AU2/3 centre piece is held in.... it 'may be' the same mounting on yours, so may pay to check it out more closely?.

cheers

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thanks mate, that picture you showed me is the exact same as mine, where you have put carbon fiber (good job btw) is the panel that has been pulled out and not put back in correctly and now i cant get it back, i cant get it to stay flush and i have light bleed argh i hate it!

btw i'm not at all interested in swapping the speedo/tacho just the center section of the dash since thats the part that's ******

oh do you know what bulbs are in the AC controls? i might do an LED swap when i pull the dash out to swap it!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:47 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
thanks mate, that picture you showed me is the exact same as mine, where you have put carbon fiber (good job btw) is the panel that has been pulled out and not put back in correctly and now i cant get it back, i cant get it to stay flush and i have light bleed argh i hate it!

btw i'm not at all interested in swapping the speedo/tacho just the center section of the dash since thats the part that's ******

oh do you know what bulbs are in the AC controls? i might do an LED swap when i pull the dash out to swap it!

there are 7 clips that hold part of the cover in place, and 4 screws that hold it down in place [review pic again to see what i mean]. you clip cover in place & then add the screws so it doesn't move. compare yours to what's in the pics.

bulbs are the one on the left.

so when the radio is removed .. on the left of the opening is

and on the right of the same opening

and looking to the back [behind the ashtray]

so the screws hold it tightly in place.

not sure but i 'think' there should be some clips on the other part of the dash that the screws go into? [no longer have the car].

Ps. i didn't do the carbon fibre wrap as that was how it was when i recieved my hand me down x-taxi.

PPs. you do not need to remove the dash to work on the panel shown in pics

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thanks for the reply mate, i'll pull it out soon and see if i can salvage it i'll keep you posted

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
thanks for the reply mate, i'll pull it out soon and see if i can salvage it i'll keep you posted

no problems. hopefully it's an easy fix for you.

AU2/3 dashes are same[?] but i don't know re AU1.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]