Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Removing exterior trim
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I am doing some panel work on my EF wagon, and need to remove the exterior trim. I am trying to figure out how to remove the trim that has no fasteners, like around the windows. It's not obvious to me how it should come off. What are the correct tools to use? And is there some source of instructions on how to do it without damaging the trim? Thanks.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Post subject: Re: Removing exterior trim
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

efxr6wagon wrote:
I am doing some panel work on my EF wagon, and need to remove the exterior trim. I am trying to figure out how to remove the trim that has no fasteners, like around the windows. It's not obvious to me how it should come off. What are the correct tools to use? And is there some source of instructions on how to do it without damaging the trim? Thanks.

can you give us a list of what trim you mean?.

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Particularly the strip along the bottom of the side and rear windows on the wagon. Are they clipped on, so need to be pried off? Or are they bolted on from inside the panels? Thanks.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

efxr6wagon wrote:
Particularly the strip along the bottom of the side and rear windows on the wagon. Are they clipped on, so need to be pried off? Or are they bolted on from inside the panels? Thanks.

the trim along the rear side windows [along the base of it] from memory has bolts [? maybe clips?] that need to be undone [or unclipped] from the inside of the car [i remember doing it from the inside of the wagooon]. there is a small round 'washer' [seal] under the trim that keeps some water out of the car but good luck finding replacements. which ever it is .. you will break something prizing em off.

the doors have a screw at one end & a cupla clips along the top where the trim sits. once the screw is removed you can then work on the clips making sure you don't break [lol good luck] & once that is done i think the other end slides out ....... i would have to look/see what trims here are EA/EB to make sure. been awhile since i last worked on an 'E' series tho so i 'might' have that mixed up with the 'B' series :roll: :lol:

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Thanks heaps. So, no special tools required? Just a flat screwdriver with tape on it?

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

efxr6wagon wrote:
Thanks heaps. So, no special tools required? Just a flat screwdriver with tape on it?

i would have to look at the wagooon shell out here to actually see what it is ..... bit of a hassle tho. if it's not a bolt re rear side glass it's a clip you have to squeeze together & dunno really re doors as i keep thinking of the 'B' series doors..... :roll: ..... might 'look' for the 'E' series door bits :lol:

so no to "special tools" [fingers crossed behind me back lol].

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]