Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: XT Aftermarket HVAC + RADIO Shorted
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon Ba Xt

NSW, Australia

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a crossroads.
Pretense:
Went into woolies, came out 15 minutes later turning over engine to find that my aftermarket unit didnt turn on, zero signs of life whatsoever. nothing else was wrong mechanically or electrically. And fuses were fine.
Specifics:
Car was bought with an AerPro Double din unit for HVAC & 6.8" radio mount, i never got the chance to ask about it though it has been 18 months since installation & it ran fine for a month since i bought it. It's been non-functional for about 2 months now since i've been super busy repairing all the other more immediate issues with the car. though i managed to splice my accessory and ground wire for the radio into my cigarette lighter since they're both 12v. So as it stands now my radio works but my HVAC doesnt. I replaced all fuses but havent done anything beyond checking the engine bay fuses. Tested and made sure grounds were okay for all the wires aswell as the socket that the unit plugs into. Though im thinking the HVAC unit is just completely dead. But replacing it is about $500 and it could be something outside of my knowledge. Just wondering if anybody has any idea or knowledge with these specific units. Thanks

Post subject: Re: XT Aftermarket HVAC + RADIO Shorted
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Since you mentioned that the aftermarket unit isn't receiving any power, double-check the power supply to the unit. Ensure that the wiring is correctly connected and that there are no loose connections or damaged wires. You could use a multimeter to test the voltage at the unit's power input to confirm if power is reaching it.
Drift Hunters

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]