Fordmods Logo

XH Auxiliary Shaft issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: XH Auxiliary Shaft issues
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH Ute

SA, Australia

Hey all, just made an account to post this, I've prided myself with owning a 'bone-stock' XH as my first car, love it to pieces, but it's got 174k on the odometer. Which I reckon is the age where it'll start having issues.

the only thing that I've done to the car since I had it was got the pistons and the top of the block re-machined, now a couple of the teeth splining the Auxiliary Shaft to the distributor have worn down too much and made me conk out (or so I'm told by the mechanic) and I'm wondering what the best action is forward, like what parts need to be replaced, easier to do it myself or what?

- Cheers

Post subject: Re: XH Auxiliary Shaft issues
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Jimme wrote:
Hey all, just made an account to post this, I've prided myself with owning a 'bone-stock' XH as my first car, love it to pieces, but it's got 174k on the odometer. Which I reckon is the age where it'll start having issues.

the only thing that I've done to the car since I had it was got the pistons and the top of the block re-machined, now a couple of the teeth splining the Auxiliary Shaft to the distributor have worn down too much and made me conk out (or so I'm told by the mechanic) and I'm wondering what the best action is forward, like what parts need to be replaced, easier to do it myself or what?

- Cheers

did someone change the dizzie over?.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

oh nah, I'll have a look

Last edited by Jimme on Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
Jimme wrote:

- Cheers

did someone change the dizzie over?.

Nah the dizzie hasn't been touched yet I don't reckon, majority if not all of the parts are stock OEM

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]