Fordmods Logo

Rear Diff/ Axle assembly 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Rear Diff/ Axle assembly
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BA Ute

ACT, Australia

Hi all, recently had an incident in which it is suspected that my diff or axle has been damaged and broken. The car engine starts fine, gearbox seems to be sweet apart from putting it back to park, (from putting into park while drive shaft was moving as the diff would not slow the drive shaft). Just wondering what the cheapest way would be to fix this issue, whether it is take it to shop and let them investigate and solve the one issue, or if ripping the rear diff and axle assembly out and finding a wreckers and replacing myself would be cheaper. Time is not a problem but money is. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Rear Diff/ Axle assembly
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2010

VIC, Australia

haydenfalconute wrote:
Hi all, recently had an incident in which it is suspected that my diff or axle has been damaged and broken. The car engine starts fine, gearbox seems to be sweet apart from putting it back to park, (from putting into park while where to order phenq drive shaft was moving as the diff would not slow the drive shaft). Just wondering what the cheapest way would be to fix this issue, whether it is take it to shop and let them investigate and solve the one issue, or if ripping the rear diff and axle assembly out and finding a wreckers and replacing myself would be cheaper. Time is not a problem but money is. Thanks

That's bad to know about it.
Have you fixed the issue of axle yet or not?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]