XH door mechanism / latches 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: XH door mechanism / latches
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XH Falcon Ute

VIC, Australia

Hi all

I have a XHII. Pretty sure the RH door mechanism / latch is the issue here, but they're pretty hard to "read" so I can't be 100% - perhaps it is the actuator, however the doors do lock/unlock but every now and then when you lock them, they bump back up and the horn beeps a few times.

I have four of these RHF mechanisms now - none of which work. I've spent all day taking them out, cleaning, greasing, refitting, testing. Nup. No progress.

It's pretty hard to get decent scrapped ones, and the recent pair I bought form Marketplace don't appear to work.

So - what I'm hoping for is an upgrade or aftermarket solution but I realise that anything aftermarket will use the current existing mechansim/latch as this is the central part of all the physical locks and handles.

Is there anything out there that can achieve this?

Alternatively, I'm happy to buy something from Rare Spares or the like, which doesn't even allow for central locking, but I don't know if anything will align to accept all the different levers and locks.

I'm very keen to keep this car, but I need some help.

Thank you -

Post subject: Re: XH door mechanism / latches
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

masshead wrote:
Hi all

I have a XHII. Pretty sure the RH door mechanism / latch is the issue here, but they're pretty hard to "read" so I can't be 100% - perhaps it is the actuator, however the doors do lock/unlock but every now and then when you lock them, they bump back up and the horn beeps a few times.

I have four of these RHF mechanisms now - none of which work. I've spent all day taking them out, cleaning, greasing, refitting, testing. Nup. No progress.

It's pretty hard to get decent scrapped ones, and the recent pair I bought form Marketplace don't appear to work.

So - what I'm hoping for is an upgrade or aftermarket solution but I realise that anything aftermarket will use the current existing mechansim/latch as this is the central part of all the physical locks and handles.

Alternatively, I'm happy to buy something from Rare Spares or the like, which doesn't even allow for central locking, but I don't know if anything will align to accept all the different levers and locks.

Thank you -

Maybe this will be useful to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-mcxiH8ls

geometry dash 23

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: El Falcon XR6

New Zealand

My understanding is that when the door lock comes back up and the horn beeps, it's because one of the doors or the boot isn't closed properly. You might find that you have a faulty door closed sensor.

This is not to be confused with when the door locks go up and down repeatedly. That is caused by sticking actuators (it only takes one) usually cleaning and lubricating all of the door locking mechanisms and actuators fixes this.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

masshead wrote:
Hi all

Thank you -

the vid won't help.

have you checked out the wiring loom from door lock to plug in 'A' pillar?

hudsonhawk69 wrote:
My understanding is that when the door lock comes back up and the horn beeps, it's because one of the doors or the boot isn't closed properly. You might find that you have a faulty door closed sensor.

This is not to be confused with when the door locks go up and down repeatedly. That is caused by sticking actuators (it only takes one) usually cleaning and lubricating all of the door locking mechanisms and actuators fixes this.

correct

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:40 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

and normally with the 'B' series locks .. if a door can be opened after you lock said car - there is an issue with that actuator. so the next time your car locks ..... check all the other doors to see if they locked & you should find one that opens. i've had that issue a few times now.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]