BCM Reprogramming 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: BCM Reprogramming
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF Falcon

VIC, Australia

Hi all

Have been having lots of issues with my 08 wagon. (windows, Ac, Stereo, Lights, Locking you name it its got a problem with it)

have narrowed down to faulty BCM (I thought this was the case, and had a 2nd opinion with auto Elec and advised car wasn't communicating with it nd recommended a replacement) so I've been looking into replacing and programming myself. (seems fairly straight forward in FORSCAN)

However reading through other forums it looks like I need 2 keys to be able to reprogram a new BCM to the car, However the car was sold to me years ago with only 1 key. i tracked down previous owner and he told me he also brought with only the 1 key (GREAT)

If I buy a blank and get this cut, am I able to program this key myself in order for it to be able to to get the BCM programmed and working?

I'm reading a lot of conflicting information on this topic.

car currently has aftermarket headunit installed and not the original. Worked fine for 2 years until suddently stopped working.

Post subject: Re: BCM Reprogramming
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:27 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

bborth93 wrote:
Hi all

Have been having lots of issues with my 08 wagon. (windows, Ac, Stereo, Lights, Locking you name it its got a problem with it)

have narrowed down to faulty BCM (I thought this was the case, and had a 2nd opinion with auto Elec and advised car wasn't communicating with it nd recommended a replacement) so I've been looking into replacing and programming myself. (seems fairly straight forward in FORSCAN)

However reading through other forums it looks like I need 2 keys to be able to reprogram a new BCM to the car, However the car was sold to me years ago with only 1 key. i tracked down previous owner and he told me he also brought with only the 1 key (GREAT)

If I buy a blank and get this cut, am I able to program this key myself in order for it to be able to to get the BCM programmed and working?

I'm reading a lot of conflicting information on this topic.

car currently has aftermarket headunit installed and not the original. Worked fine for 2 years until suddently stopped working.

have you also checked out the solder joints in the BEM?. otherwise it's very easy to reprogram a BEM in Forscan. make sure you get the correct chip with the keys [buy two & have both cut, then program both] tho otherwise it won't work with the new keys [Forscan]. this is what i've used from this seller https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223711431858. i've bought keys for my BA & her BF from that seller with no issue. i also use Forscan.

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Before attempting any DIY repair, make sure you fully understand the risks involved and all necessary safety precautions. Service manuals and advice forums can provide valuable information, but expert help is often the safest and most reliable option.
fnaf

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:02 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Subaru

NSW, Australia

I love doing DIYs since they save money and I get to learn new things. However, its very important to get to know the pros and cons of doing any kind of DIYs. Some might be easy and some might even cost you more money than involving a professional while some might ruin everything. . . . . . .

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]