Fordmods Logo

BA diff and tailshafts 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA diff and tailshafts
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA xr6 ute t5

ACT, Australia

Hey folks, after some help regarding ba ute diffs and tailshafts. Recently blew diff in my m78 t5 ute and have picked up a second hand diff off an m78 ba wagon btr. Am I correct in assuming that diff end of the tailshafts is the same between auto and manual? Do I need to swap tail shaft or anything else over to get it to work together?
Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: BA diff and tailshafts
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Axd7000 wrote:
Hey folks, after some help regarding ba ute diffs and tailshafts. Recently blew diff in my m78 t5 ute and have picked up a second hand diff off an m78 ba wagon btr. Am I correct in assuming that diff end of the tailshafts is the same between auto and manual? Do I need to swap tail shaft or anything else over to get it to work together? uno online
Thanks in advance

Hello, as I know, the tailshaft from your blown diff should be compatible with the replacement differential you obtained from the BA wagon. So, inspect the condition of the tailshaft and consider replacing worn or damaged parts if necessary. This includes checking the universal joints, center bearings, and any other components that may affect the performance or reliability of the drivetrain. If the tailshaft from your original diff is in good condition, it should be compatible with the replacement differential, and you may not need to swap it over.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]