Fordmods Logo

Fuel Injector Plug/Wiring Power Loss Issue 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Fuel Injector Plug/Wiring Power Loss Issue
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

Hi, I have a 2003 BA XR6 Turbo 5 speed Manual Sedan with 102,000km I’ve owned since brand new, last time I drove it for about an hour with no problems and then it sat for about 6 hours and started it up and ran rough straight away, seem to run on 4 cylinders and had to drive it home like this.

It runs well when started up and after about 4 seconds starts running rough, so found out cylinders 2 and 4 wasnt working, so after checking/swapping around Ignition coils, Spark plugs and Fuel Injectors, 2 and 4 still didnt work, that it seems to be dropping power out of cylinders 2 and 4 on the Injector plug/wiring that then stops those injectors from working..

So, has anyone come across this Electrical loss issue before that’s dropping power to some Injector plugs about 4 seconds after startup and is there some checks and how to see if a Short/Ground/Connection etc Fault is somewhere with these 2 injector plugs/wiring and why would it be just the 2 cylinders affected and only number 2 and 4, these No. 2 and 4 injector wiring must join up somewhere along the line for them to fail at the same time? Thanks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]