Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Need help
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon V8

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I'm doing a i6 - V8 conversion the motors in looms are in now the first problem is trying to start it with the key, the fuel pump primes but go to kick it over i get nothing not even a click, we've checked if theirs voltage going to it and their is but no action.
Second one is when i've got the key in the on position we can feed power straight to the start and get it to kick over but we're not getting any spark their is power running to the coil but it will not give a spark.

Backgroung info if needed it's a el now with a ef xr8 motor and manual trans, we used the engine loom from the xr and the hole dash from it as well. The xr did have abs but the el didn't.

Any help would be great.

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

any one???? dose any one have a ef-el xr8 or gli in melb that re willing he let me look in their engin bay to make sure we have all the plugs pluged in to the right places????

could all these problems be from smart lock with it's anti theift crap could it?? if so how could i test it?

Post subject: Re: Need help
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

ovo616 wrote:
I'm doing a i6 - V8 conversion the motors in looms are in now the first problem is trying to start it with the key, the fuel pump primes but go to kick it over i get nothing not even a click, we've checked if theirs voltage going to it and their is but no action.
Second one is when i've got the key in the on position we can feed power straight to the start and get it to kick over but we're not getting any spark their is power running to the coil but it will not give a spark.

Backgroung info if needed it's a el now with a ef xr8 motor and manual trans, we used the engine loom from the xr and the hole dash from it as well. The xr did have abs but the el didn't.

Any help would be great.

Power to the coil no spark would indicate a buggered coil or coil lead. Is there spark to the dizzy? If yes could be your dizzy needs a look.

As for the starter motor, check your relay. Activation voltage of the V8 starter is only about 8V's so you should be seeing some action down there if you have at least that voltage at the starter. Check your solenoid and all connections if that is the case!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i've tried 2 coils that we have both give me the same thing but i'll get a new one, the leads look new as the wreck was able to be driven before we pulled every thing out of it.

their is voltage going to the starter and the relays we have changed but still no action

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Just another thought.

Did you use the XR8 dash with the computer but left the ignition barrel from the original set up.

If yes, your smart lock will be preventing the whole shebang from kicking off. The ignition barrel talks to the BEM which talks to the computer.

If the BEM(smartlock module) and the ignition barrel are not coded together then your car will not run. No signal from the computer means no starter and no spark!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

:D :D :D i'll change that over i was thinking that but i wasn't to sure, i'll let you know what happends Thank you very much

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i ended up having to use the xr's dash and bem loom so it would hook up with the engin loom so with anyluck tonight we'll swap over the barrel's and what ever other crap their is on the steering colum and see what happens

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

You should be able to learn the codes to the ignition barrel.

All accessories off, turn the ignition to the 'on' position. Leave it for 30 minutes until the door locks cycle and the components should be coded together.

Worth trying before you rip your steering column apart!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

:D :D well sorry to late pulled the column apart and put it in fired first turn very happy. :D :D
Now all i have to do is get the zorst system done and some extractors as we broke one of them and tack welded it back together so it sort of sounds like a old race car. :D :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]