Capa Flash Tuner - ECU Software for BA XR6T 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Capa Flash Tuner - ECU Software for BA XR6T
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BAXR6T

WA, Australia

Hi,

Have booked my BA Auto XR6T in for a PCM tune, specifically the tune offered by CAPA via their Flash Tuner module. Briefly the revised tunes are...

Valet Tune - Limits vehicle to 3000rpm
Mild Performance - CAPA advise that boost is up'ed to 8psi
Performance - CAPA advise that boost is up'ed to 10psi

In addition (according to CAPA and Herrod) the shift patterns on the auto are revised.

Naturally speaking with CAPA (and also Herrod) they give the device a huge rap (they would) however if there are any XR6T owners who have loaded the revised tunes I would be interested to know your thoughts?

Regards,

Boomer

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:22 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Hey Boomer,

My wife has an XR6T and we'll be using it as the guinea pig for some SCT testing. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Pete.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xr6t

NT, Australia

Hi boomer

Had the capa flash tuner in for 3 weeks the 8psi tune is best around town . The extra performance is smooth and the fuel consumption is about the same as standard

The 10psi boost is mind blowing but have had a few issues with the power surging around 3000- 4000rpm then smooth as till the rev limiter. I spoke to capa today they said that there have been a few issues with the 10psi map with cars with standard exhaust .

Looks like im up for an exhaust if i want to run the 10psi map .

Jenksy

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Thanks Pete and Jenksy for your comments. My vehicle is booked in tomorrow (Friday) for the flash update in addition to the before and after dyno, plus AFR measurements.

RE the exhaust I have been speaking with the techs from De Filippo on a single 3" system including turbo engine pipe, hi-flow cat, front and rear muffler.

The systems differ greatly from APS to Herrod to Di Filippo. I'll run with the PCM re-tune for a while and when ready will continue the research on the exhaust (and even post a few more questions to Fordmods).

One final question, Jenksy were you happy with the power gain (rwk's) on the 8psi and 10psi tune (do you have an auto or manual?)?

Regards,

Boomer

Post subject: Results of CAPA Flash Tune - BA XR6T Auto
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hi,

Had the CAPA Flash Tune applied. The results are...

Factory Default (before CAPA tune) - 177.3 rwk

CAPA 8psi Tune - 206.4 rwk (29.1 kw gain)

CAPA 10psi Tune - 228.6 rwk (51.3 kw gain)

NOTE: Measurements taken on D&T Performance Dyno Dynamics (Perth). Vehicle has auto-trans and BPT CAI fitted with BMC pod filter.

First impressions on 10psi are auto-trans changes feel slicker and stronger power delivery. Power surges a little between 3000 and 4000 rpm, however dramatic difference from factory default.

8psi tune has similar trans feel to 10psi. Power delivery feels smoother and I would imagine that I'll stick to the 8psi tune for daily driving (at least until the new exhaust is fitted).

I still have some concerns RE trans and diff longevity and will look around for options to strengthen.

Cheers,

Boomer.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]