sub wiring in ea falcon sedan 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: sub wiring in ea falcon sedan
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Na fairlane, xe 351 ute

NSW, Australia

hey i'm not quite sure how to wire the subs for best sound i have an 89 ea falcon sedan.

stereo is pioneer mp3/wma current basic model, boss audio 4" splits in front, 6" pioneer 3ways in rear plus boss audio amp 1000watt running 2 x jbl 12" 1000watt sub in separate boxes

any ideas appreciated

Current cars
1983 XE Ute - xf front, worked 351, straight gas
1990 Na fairlane - stock

ex cars
Fg xr6t, 80 series cruiser, ba xt, ea s-pac (xr6 test model), ke laser.

Post subject: Re: sub wiring in ea falcon sedan
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

howsie wrote:
hey i'm not quite sure how to wire the subs for best sound i have an 89 ea falcon sedan.

stereo is pioneer mp3/wma current basic model, boss audio 4" splits in front, 6" pioneer 3ways in rear plus boss audio amp 1000watt running 2 x jbl 12" 1000watt sub in separate boxes

any ideas appreciated

My advice mate, would be to just run one sub to the amp (bridged) till you think about getting a mono block amp, or another 4 channel amp with with a LPF (Low pass) on channels 1/2 and 3/4 (in bridged mode)

I did exactly what you may be thinking, with my Boss amp (parallel), only to find the amp putting out more heat from the amp, then the heater from the car. Plus the boss amp would under power the subs and not give the good JBL subs, the power it deserves. Even one sub would only just handle the low wattage of the amp if you are lucky.

One great lesson that I have learnt from the forum, and thats not to skimp on amps, when you have really great speakers or subs. A above average amp would even help you.

Just run your rears and fronts off the deck for the time being, and run one JBL sub in bridged mode, from the Boss amp with low gain, to avoid burning the voice coil, from trying to put what little oomph the amp has, into the sub.

Any how, just abit of advice from past experience from the last couple of weeks with me. :)

"Ford" any other machine is just a car!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]