Page 3 of 7 [ 95 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Alex's 97 Fairmont
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:20 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

crewcutmullet wrote:
as the other blokes have said, i had an EL Ghia for my first car with LSD, had my licence for a month, came around a round-about too quick in the wet, and ended up doin a 360... LoL its unlucky, but these things DO happen...unfortunatley more often too the un-experianced drivers... all the best mate, and hopefully see ya at AFD!

Cheers..

Lol... Dodgy Seth.. So that wasnt your first.

Creature of habit it see :lol:

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Just heard from the insurance company. The bloke I spoke to I think is the mechanic who is looking at it, and it seems there is suspension damage, power steering needs fixing, and besides that I guess just the front q panel and headlight.

Already towing expenses will be up around the 400 dollar mark so claiming is really costing me another 800, which is probably the best alternative.

The flip side is the car would be off the road for around 2-3 weeks, but at least I could save some cash up in that time so I can pay for the claim then get the car lowered and new wheels.

When the car goes to the workshop I should see if they can lower it for me if I give it them the springs/shocks and put the new wheels on if I buy them.

On another note, My Altezza clear tail lights came in the mail yesterday... yay.. they look nice, but dont think they r street legal.. (no reflectors) :(

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

FordFairmont wrote:
nice pickup there !!

look after it, hate to see a nice example be thrashed to death by a "first car owner" :)

touche

maybe get a s**t VN commodore to practice drift moves for the first couple years to get all the excitement outta your system. Then jump back into that sweet fairmont again. The back end will only "kick out" as much as the loud pedal is pressed :wink:

anyway, i hope you can get it running good again without much cost, as my first "kick out" cost me over $3000..... accidental of course :)

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yes these things cost... Mine was accidental tho id neva got sideways before then. Lol, funny thinking about it now.. not funny without a car for 2-3 weeks.

thanks FordFairmont, we'll get there eventually...

In the meantime I am going to be proactive in getting quotes for LPG, and researching for ma sound system... :)

When I get the car back it will be all systems go...

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Alex_EL wrote:
On another note, My Altezza clear tail lights came in the mail yesterday... yay.. they look nice, but dont think they r street legal.. (no reflectors) :(

Yeh, they also look quite gay.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Matter of opinion.
Id just put them on for show every now and then, I like the orignals too

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matter of fact.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:59 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

lol... EF drivers have no credibility here. :lol:

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hey, I'm the most credible on here! :P

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

I have Altezza's on my BA and some people love them, some people hate them. So i would say it is matter of opinion :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
touche

maybe get a s**t VN commodore to practice drift moves for the first couple years to get all the excitement outta your system. Then jump back into that sweet fairmont again. The back end will only "kick out" as much as the loud pedal is pressed :wink:

This is the No. 1 top tip I've seen as yet. This is exactly what I did, picked up a s**t VN Commodore from the s**t suburb in Geelong (Corio), got it registered, and thrashed the absolute f**k out of it, even almost rolled the thing too :lol:. Anyway I thrashed it until it had overheated that many times that the engine was f**k, the engine even had a compression lock :lol:.

Once I scrapped it, and bought a Ford from John_XR6 (Steady ED), it was the best thing I ever did, I did prang it, but it's still the best buy I got. I paid average for the ED, but for the price of the car, I got a very very good car. The EL you have is a very very good car too, once it's repaired be careful with it!!!!, that or get onto http://forums.justcommodores.com.au or trading post and find a crappy VN to Caine the f**k out of, if you do take that up make sure you show us the demolition process!!!! :lol:

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Better to learn in the car you'll be driving in IMO. Meaning go find some gravel roads and have a go at a few low speed slides (counter steering - what would have saved your prang).

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

f**k a holden man, wudnt bat for the other team haha.
Would rather grab an old toyota corrola over a commodore, but no way, sticking with my EL!!

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

oh dude f**k spewin bout ya car! if you dont go on the claim im more than happy to help you fix it for nothin. im quite hand with my hands on a falcon replace a few panels and fixed a few pipes ect.

Previous cars

1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Cheers bro, but nahh its being looked after now..
The cars getting its suspension and power steering fixed in Preston, I put a deposit on my 18" XR8 Rims at TTF Bulleen and picking them up on monday. Getting Hankook H 424 Tyres so I shall grip the road alot better + increase handling/stopping :)
I'll then just go up Banskia to the workshop and give them the wheels to put on.

I also got the car booked in for LPG conversion later this month :)

Now I need to look into suspension, get it on superlows, and then sound system :)

My bank account will be dry soon :)

To do:

> Superlows
> Sound System
> Tint* (probably)

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 7  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next