Fordmods Logo

AU2 Forte Sedan Turbo Project. Advice appreciated. 

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: AU2 Forte Sedan Turbo Project. Advice appreciated.
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:29 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

220XR8 wrote:
so It's been 3 weeks since I last heard from snort. I have sent multiple emails and have heard nothing.

Last I was told was the kit was ready to go (2 weeks later than quoted) and they where going to tell me the tracking numbers for shipping. Then nothing at all.

I was told I would have the kit around 6 weeks tops, its now been 11 weeks, nearly double the allotted time frame and I have still not got anything to show.

I thought maybe the kit was in customs but I've not heard from them either. and even if it was sent, why was I not informed?

Grr I just want to know what's going on!

If someone from snort reads this, let me know why you have not returned my emails and I'm sitting here with no turbo kit and $4000 NZD out of pocket!

I didn't want to bring this to the forum but its just getting ridiculous.

send them a pm, call them, email them...
it seems to happen alot with snort, but they usually do come through with the goods

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU2 220 XR8 and AU2 Forte sedan

New Zealand

I hope that by "usually come through" you mean "always come through" lol. I don't want to be the unusual category.

I'm new to the whole forums thing so I didn't know you could PM them on here. I'll give that a go.

As long as I get my money back or the turbo kit, then I'll be happy.

Thanks for the advice

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:54 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i should have said they do come through, there has been a few people in your situation in the past but afaik they all have got there goods..

snort is a site sponcer they have a forum here..
snort-performance-f68/

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

That's good to hear :)

I've sent them a PM so hopefully that will lead me somewhere. I have heard good things about snort so I do have faith that they will come through. It's just the not knowing what's going on part that's frustrating.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

Yep that sounds like snort! Should of went with the 6boost kit,Much better service and better quality parts.

EBT-747 -

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:55 am 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

I heard from them a few days ago

All is well and everything seems to be on track. There was a delay with the new courier company they used to send the stuff to NZ that the courier company never bothered to tell anyone about. and I couldn't get hold of Snort because of email server malfunctions of something of the sorts.

I should be hearing of the tracking numbers today and have it shipped by a reputable courier company. I'm pretty excited about the idea of finally getting the kit soon.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

yeah snort lost access to all their email mailboxes
was resolved a few days ago.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

And now apologies to snort...

Can't wait to see it come together 8-)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:35 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
And now apologies to snort...

Can't wait to see it come together 8-)

Apologies for what? For asking where his $4000 of parts are?

EBT-747 -

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Did questioning them on the forum achieve progress?

I'm a business owner myself and regardless of how snort operates his or the quality of his product, doesn't deserve to be hindered by impatient people possibly costing future customers unless proved otherwise.

s**t does happen, particularly in small business. And I will also add I have no affiliation.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Snort has in fact apologised to me for the delay and in an effort to appease me as a customer, has actually provided me with something that should make this built a little more exciting. I'll let you know what is is once it is unveiled.

I cant say for sure weather questioning them here made direct progress but maybe my PM from this website alerted them to my situation. I'm not upset with them, they had genuine reasons for the delay that I can understand.

If nothing, coming here at least gave me another means of trying to contact them and to see weather anyone else was or has experienced delays and if there is a good reason for this. Living in another country I can't exactly go down there banging on the door so see what's going on.

If anyone is saying that I should be the one apologising for saying exactly what has happened on a public forum, I disagree. As a customer I have been very patient. Its a good thing I have two V8s to keep me busy.

Enough about all of that though. I am just glad to know that I haven't been ripped off and that all seems to finally be going to plan. Thanks to the extra goodies I am actually more excited about it than in the beginning.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

"impatient" Not sure if your trying to be rude there or what.

I am a small business operator myself dealing in retail and I would totally understand if my 5 week delay caused my customer grief. I would understand that if they could not get hold of me , had no product and had already paid that they may tell others of their concern in an effort to rectify the problem. I would also do my best to satisfy said customer for good business practice and to uphold a good reputation. I would understand if they said every bad thing about me under the sun, demanded a refund and never dealt with me again.

I haven't slagged them off at all, just stated what happened. I believe others have the right to know so that they themselves may not have the same problems I did and if they do, how they can go about sorting it out.

Like I said earlier, by biggest concern was not the delay, it was the fact that I could not get in touch and genuinely felt like I had been conned out of 4k from someone in another country. I'd like to see most other people be "patient" in those circumstances.

No matter what, this thread was bound to be a review of snorts customer service in some respect. I cant help it if they performed poorly in this transaction for what ever reasons, genuine or not.

Last edited by 220XR8 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I wasn't trying to piss in your thread mate I just believe they have a specific forum for that exact purpose. Build threads should be about the build subject.

As any good business should try to impress it's customers, it's just I notice a lot more negative feedback finds it's way across the forums than positive, people don't realise that it can take 10,000 good comments to turn 5 bad ones around when it comes to word of mouth.

Anyway good to hear it's all sorted and a bonus to boot!

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

"I wasn't trying to piss in your thread mate I just believe they have a specific forum for that exact purpose. Build threads should be about the build subject."

Oh ok, fair enough. I'm new to the whole forum thing and didn't know that. Guess I should have read the intro better lol.

I apologise if I come across as defensive, its just been a big stress on my mind for while, now that I know it's all good I can finally relax about it.

In snorts defence, Geoff seems like a great guy to deal with and the fact that they have thrown in a bonus to acknowledged their initial shortcomings, to me said that they really do care about customer service and satisfaction.

But yea I'm just glad every things back to normal. I cant wait to see the goods :)

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:14 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: eb-twin turbo

VIC, Australia

at times circumstances cause delays , be it hardware-shipping-fabrication ect but we do our best to try and get the product out to the customer we have never NOT delivered

in this case it was a number of issues regarding the shipping , we have not yet sent a kit to N.Z and in this case we found out the hard way .. , in any case all has now been resolved and our valued customer will receive his new snort performance stage 2 turbo system

we also took the liberty to upgrade the customers product to feature our new stage 6 50mm turbo manifold - spgt3582 turbocharger will support excess of 300+rwkw , all the items where hand fabricated not taken from a box as most expect

the value alone of the manifold is 1400.00 and the customer paid 3k for the entire kit !!

michael - why do you find the need to try discredit us? have we done business with you? or is it your bad experience with another company clouded your judgment ( have you received your turbo/engine ? )

Snort Snort, we make our own speed!!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next