Fordmods Logo

banarcus' ED Fairmont V8 wagon 

Page 2 of 18 [ 260 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Thank you all for the kind words. At the moment it needs a tidy up with all the faded black rubber and trims needing some freshening up, respraying the bonnet because of the stone chips from driving out west and it needs new carpet because it smells like a tomcat has p****d in it and I can't get rid of the stink! After me missus and I finish off the house, I can get fair dinkum with the twin exhaust system and get some thermo fans to plug into my newer EF engine bay loom.

Just need to go for a cruise more.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

great build story.. has come a very long way!... a very tidy wagon indeed!... 8-)

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

Gotta love a manual V8 Mont! Not that i'm biased or anything :-P . Fantastic read mate, you have done a brilliant job!

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: mildly worked fairmont

WA, Australia

that interior upgrade looks awsome champ!! well done i like this wagon looks sooo tuff

95 evlmont fairmont, 5 speed manual, 3.45lsd, rebuilt and recond, port and polished head, wade 1521a cam,ems stinger, garret 3540 1.06 rear, tial 38mm waste gate, turbosmart "supersonic" bov, bosch greentop 42lb injectors,snort log manifold, heavy duty 5 puck ceramic clutch,fmic 600x300x76,

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Ef Ghiaaaaaargh!

WA, Australia

Love this car, lots of work gone into it.

Mercedes 500SEC: -- GONE -- http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-83-mercedes-500sec-buildup-t69837.html
Ef Ghia: -- GONE -- Pacie 4480's, 2.5" Redback, custom grille, FTR's.
AU xr8: BA xr wheels, 2.5" custom exh, leather and woodgrain next.
Chevy Camaro: LHD, Black, all original.

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: SERIES 2 FAIRMONT GHIA

WA, Australia

now thats what i call modding..

awesome work, top bloody job... top results.

i really appreciate someones work whos done it from scratch rather than buy someone elses and say OHHH LOOK WHAT IVE DONE..

well done!!! :D :D :D

15 PSI OF BOOSTED GHIA GOODNESS!!!

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Oustide Australia

Got a Muz to work on if you like :)

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

KiwiDazza wrote:
Got a Muz to work on if you like :)

No thanks dazza, the house renos take what spare time that I have :)

Again, thanks for the kind words...

I've been giving the car a bit of a freshen up of late. I'd love to get the dual exhaust on it in time for the Bathurst cruise but I spent the money on a set of Pacemakers for my BA XR8. Still, money to a worthy cause.

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I've got an idea for my interior though. I was thinking of making real timber door spears for my EF Ghia trims. Probably go for a nice Aussie hardwood like blue gum or something. I could kill two problems here, one, I didn't get all four door trims as the wreckers here sold one with an entire door, so I bought the remaining three on the condition that they found this mysterious fourth door trim that was stashed away in their shed. Well the door trim didn't show up and I'm stuck with three Ghia door trims. Another reason why I want to do new spears is the fact that the factory fake ones look bad close up.

Its a shame that I threw away all this Australian Spotted Gum from the house renos. It came up a treat in the house with 2 pack epoxy, a real nice dark red timber. This colour would look sweet inside a cardinal red Fairmont I reckon.

On another note, can anyone who cares to read this thread tell me where I can buy new plush pile carpet for a LWB that IS NOT 2 PIECE? Everywhere I look has 2 piece carpets for Falcons and Fairlanes. This is another job that I need to do as I have smelly rotten carpet when the humidity goes up.

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

Good idea on the timber trims. Will be quite a job to get them so rounded and smooth, but anything is do-able.

I have seen 1 piece carpets somewhere, as i have the same issue with my LTD. But i can't remember where. It was a place i found using google.

I will see if i can find it again, i saved the linked, but lost it when my computer crashed.

Andrew.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

Barnarcus

Just love your wagon, this thread (along with BenJ's) are inspiration for my own ED wagon. I have the same color ED however it is a 6 and only a GLi. But pretty much everything you have done here is what I have planned for mine. I am bookmarking this thread for future reference and to stare at it for a while when I get sidetracked.

Excellent work!!

Cheers
RD

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Forgot to ask in my last post...

What did you use for lowering the beast. Mine looks like it sits at exactly the same height as your in the very first post (san the Turboblades). I already have Kings Lows for the front but would like to know what use used on the 4 corners for future reference.

Cheers
RD

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

racedirector wrote:
Forgot to ask in my last post...

What did you use for lowering the beast. Mine looks like it sits at exactly the same height as your in the very first post (san the Turboblades). I already have Kings Lows for the front but would like to know what use used on the 4 corners for future reference.

Cheers
RD

Gday racedirector, thanks. You wont believe me but I've only got King Spring lows at the front. They are for a 6cyl and you would think that they would make a V8 engined car handle bad with the extra weight. For the rear, I've got 2.5' lowering blocks and I'm using Monroe GT struts and rear shocks. Standard front sway bar. The thing handled very well around Mt Panorama as macca here on the forums would attest to. Nothing fancy as this wagon is a daily driver and tows a trailer, so no big 19' wheels and Konis on this thing.

All I have planned for this car is a stout and respectable NA V8, manual, duel exhaust and LPG for highway cruising. Throw in the EF interior for something different inside and then thats it. I've nearly reached my goal but still need that exhaust and then to make the engine go a bit better thanks to a tune(still researching that). Some alloy heads would be nice too :)

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

G'day Banarcus,
Sorry I missed out on the Bathurst cruise, we are yet to meet up!
Did ya get a chance to go see the bloke from CarLine Belmont? Does great work with hotdogs :P
Cheers,
Mick

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

banarcus wrote:
Gday racedirector, thanks. You wont believe me but I've only got King Spring lows at the front. They are for a 6cyl and you would think that they would make a V8 engined car handle bad with the extra weight. For the rear, I've got 2.5' lowering blocks and I'm using Monroe GT struts and rear shocks. Standard front sway bar. The thing handled very well around Mt Panorama as macca here on the forums would attest to. Nothing fancy as this wagon is a daily driver and tows a trailer, so no big 19' wheels and Konis on this thing.

All I have planned for this car is a stout and respectable NA V8, manual, duel exhaust and LPG for highway cruising. Throw in the EF interior for something different inside and then thats it. I've nearly reached my goal but still need that exhaust and then to make the engine go a bit better thanks to a tune(still researching that). Some alloy heads would be nice too :)

Thanks for the info on your suspension. I guess the 6cyl lows just hunker down a little more with the 8 in there and mine won't be quite so low. The info on the 2.5" lowering blocks is exactly what I needed to finish the "package", so to speak. I have to replace my diff (howls like a banshee under power) so will put the blocks in when I do that. Then all I will need will be wheels to start off the look. I am initially going for EB S or Turboblades until I can afford a better looking 15 or 16" wheel. Anything at present would be better than the 14" stockies!

My wagon is purposed much the same as yours - famliy transport, towing, dog carrier and kid carrier. As I said before I will be putting in pretty much the same thing inside and cleaning up the outside to give us a nice family car for travelling. I already have 80% of an LPG setup out of my EA wagon so that will be going into the ED when the funds are available.

I'll keep an eye on this thread (it is bookmarked now!) to see the "finishing" off of what is a bloody nice wagon

Cheers
Bruce

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 18  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next