Fordmods Logo

BenJ's EB DOHC T5 Ghia Wagon 

Page 75 of 201 [ 3004 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 201  Next

Post subject: Re: BenJ's EB T5 Ghia Wagon
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

got a link to the manufactures or sellers site???

wouldnt mind something like that....pretty much looks like it does everything u could need....what video formats can it play?

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

gogetta wrote:
got a link to the manufactures or sellers site???

wouldnt mind something like that....pretty much looks like it does everything u could need....what video formats can it play?

I couldn't really recommend this Ebay seller, after the hassle I had getting the thing. At the moment they have no items listed either.

However, there are a couple of other choices which do pretty much the same thing. Just do a search for DVD Player and GPS etc.

I got mine for $430ish delivered, which I think is a good price. GPS devices on there own are approaching this for a larger one, and it does all the other stuff.

Re what formats it plays, I know it plays ripped DVDs, as I tested one out last night. The (somewhat brief manual) indicates it plays DVD/VCD/2.0/MP3/MP4/DIVX/JPG PAL and NTSC

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

yeah looks really good installed with the ef1 surround....what GPS software does it run?

the car is really awesom now and a real fordmods classic...exactly reflects what this site is about, cool mods on a budget.....whats your future plans over the next year for it or u gunna start another project??

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

gogetta wrote:
yeah looks really good installed with the ef1 surround....what GPS software does it run?

the car is really awesom now and a real fordmods classic...exactly reflects what this site is about, cool mods on a budget.....whats your future plans over the next year for it or u gunna start another project??

Thanks mate for kind words.

It runs NAV N GO IGO8 software, and from the little bit of time I have played with it seems to do the job. I have not owned a GPS system before, so I don't have much to compare it to. The few comments I have read about the IGO on GPS Australia forums have been positive, so will see how we go.

The unit runs Win Mobile 5.0 so technically, I can use any software of my choosing.

As for plans for the Wagon, the sunroof will go in next, after I get back from QLD in a couple of weeks. Then I will be focussing on the paint work, and a couple of rust repairs. Somewhere along the way, an exhaust tip, and possibly a dual exhaust. A cam upgrade is on the cards, and there is an outside chance of some boost. And now that I have a nice head unit, the speakers are crap, and after the EL front doors go on, I can put in some 6"/6.5" splits instaead of the 4"s in there now, along with some 6 x 9" in the tailgate. I want to put in a rear swaybar, and upgrade the front one. Front windscreen is a bit scratched and I need to tidy up the engine bay and . . . . . . . .

Ok, ok, I better stop, or I will scare myself

I am sure I will find other stuff.

BenJ

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Nice. All the goodies huh? Christmas time indeedly came early for the centre console this year.

6x9's in the front doors are still doing it for me... Highly recommend it...

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Hey BenJ,

Nice work mate. Will come in handy on your trip.

I have a front and a rear EF XR6 sedan sway bars here if they are any use to you. Your welcome to have them if you think they will work.

cheers

Thanks for the offer mate.

However I already have a Pedders 27mm Front Sway Bar, and a sedan rear bar will not fit unfortunately.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

How do you rate the sound quality compared to brand name decks such as Pioneer? What brand is it anyway? I have been toying with the idea of one for my EF.

Also have a question about the manual. I drove my first manual falcon a few weeks ago, and I thought it was crap compared to all the japanese manuals I've driven. Shuddering through the driveline on partial clutch release, gearbox feels like a bag of marbles and whines like crazy. Everybody reckons this is normal, and they all seem to do it. How are you finding yours? Do you get used to it? What model box did you use? (EA/EL etc).

Thanks Ben!

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
How do you rate the sound quality compared to brand name decks such as Pioneer? What brand is it anyway? I have been toying with the idea of one for my EF.

Let me begin by saying, I don't really care to listen to much music. I prefer to listen to podcasts and audio books. Often I like driving around with nothing on at all. Therefore, I am not really in a position to give a knowledgeable answer. However, it is clear and crisp, even through the crap speakers currently in the car.

As for brand, there is none. Generic to the Nth degree LOL

SLO247 wrote:
Also have a question about the manual. I drove my first manual falcon a few weeks ago, and I thought it was crap compared to all the japanese manuals I've driven. Shuddering through the driveline on partial clutch release, gearbox feels like a bag of marbles and whines like crazy. Everybody reckons this is normal, and they all seem to do it. How are you finding yours? Do you get used to it? What model box did you use? (EA/EL etc).

You are correct. The T5 is like a tractor compared to the japanese offerings. I don't have any shudder, and I have a 6 bolt flywheel and a h/duty clutch. With the billet shifter, I get some box whine being transmitted into the cabin when giving it a bit. Oh, and I have the EA box, so finding reverse smoothly is fun. With all of that, I don't notice any of it. To me it just adds character to the driving experience.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

SLO247 wrote:

Thanks Ben!

If the falcon was a hydrulic clutch setup the drive would be different....

anyway.... top work ben...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: AU Fairlane

SA, Australia

[quote="Also have a question about the manual. I drove my first manual falcon a few weeks ago, and I thought it was crap compared to all the japanese manuals I've driven. Shuddering through the driveline on partial clutch release, gearbox feels like a bag of marbles and whines like crazy. Everybody reckons this is normal, and they all seem to do it. How are you finding yours? Do you get used to it? What model box did you use? (EA/EL etc).[/quote]

my ed had a horrible shuddering that was shaking the whole car, the other day but then i looked under neath and saw that the tail shaft had almost come completely unbolted :S but after that was fixed its been pretty smooth

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

So they finally sent it mate, You where saying to me last week that it had not arrived yet.

What is the screen like in the sun, is it hard to read when sun hits the screen?

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
So they finally sent it mate, You where saying to me last week that it had not arrived yet.

What is the screen like in the sun, is it hard to read when sun hits the screen?

Yep, it finally got here.

Let me live with it for a few days, and I will let you know how it goes in the sun etc.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

t5's are rough? - try top-loaders they rough boy! :lol:
also i have a double din for the NF i likey very muchly the looks of that unit - i'm off to Evil bay!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:22 am 
Fordmods Junkie

BenJ wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:

Yep, it finally got here.

Let me live with it for a few days, and I will let you know how it goes in the sun etc.

Cheers
BenJ

No worries mate

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 XG ute

QLD, Australia

hey benj nice car! (so far; i'm only up to page 2..last nite finished the sedan build..)
just a quick question.. that 7" dvd/gps head unit you got.. is it any good? is it one of those cheapies from ebay did you say??
want one but they seem a bit too cheap...
cheers.

Sort by  
 Page 75 of 201  [ 3004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 201  Next