Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 8 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: The wagon
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

Ok well nothing has been happening to the wagon as late, but that is soon to change. Due to an up coming move interstate the wheels, suspension, towbar wiring and gas are now the main things to be done. Hopefully within 6 weeks the gas should be back on and the motor given a tune up along with some work on the gear box.

Suspension wise I am hoping to get some thicker sway bars and maybe 1.5 inch blocks in the rear and leave it like that for awhile. Wheel wise the 20's are not going on the wagon and the plan is to fit a much more practical 17 inch mags to the car instead as the pot holes where I am moving to are common and often big

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Soo, you are on your way to NSW?

If so we can meet up at some point, if you are near the Sydney area.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah I will be in NSW by july at the latest, but will still remain near the boarder. So if anyone is planning to or travels threw and near the Kyogle, Woodenbong and Urbenville areas keep an eye out for the wagon as I am gonna have an absolute blast on some sections of road down there.

I will have to try get down to Sydney for a drive but I am always worried about police reactions to my cars so I will have to wait and see but atleast the trip shouldnt cost much once the gas is on.

Oh forgot to mention that I finally got the bloody exhaust off the soon to be crushed sedan(under 24 hours) and tomorrow I will see how I go and might cut the tail pipe off both exhausts and remove the standard stuff from the manifold to the diff on the wagon and fit that same section of the sedans old exhaust. Hopefully it will sound as deep and mean as it did on the sedan, but with out a tail pipe will be very loud until I get the funds to pick up the pre made 2 and 1/2 inch press bent tail pipe from the shop

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK Today the wagon got some attention. Firstly the car has been put up on ramps and stands. The standard exhaust was removed as was the front bar and head lights and the bottom corners of the rear bar cut off. Now I did manage to fit up the center section of the exhaust from my old sedan which consisted of a custom engine pipe, hi flow 2 and 1/2 inch cat 2 and 1/2 inch press bent pipe with straight threw muffler. Has given and extremely deep note to the wagon but is very loud with out a tail pipe.

So over the next week I will try work out what I will do with the tail pipe (single or twin) while sanding and smoothing all the flares and trying to square off the bottom corners of the rear bar and preping the kit plus radiator support panel for freash paint.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

spac wrote:
If I do something and fail, I fail but atleast tried and gave myself and other ideas on how to improve the idea.

That's a great attitude to have mate. :) Needs to be more people with that sort of thinking

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well I am been trying to work out extactly what I need to do to the wagon prior to the move and last night I had a possible brain wave concerning the tail pipe to finish of the exhaust.

So after making a heap of phone calls today I have found a place who can turn my idea into reality. So once my 20's are sold and paid for the car will firstly be going to the shop to get the front ball joints done and a twin tail pipe custom made. now the tail pipe most likely wont end up being any bigger then 2 1/4 inch but it will exit out each side of the the rear bar behind the rear wheel instead of the rear of the bar.

So once I get home I will be having a tip made out of mild steel and then modifing the side of the rear bar to have the opening match the shape of the tips along with redoing the bottom corners and filling in the standerd exhaust opening on the bar.

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well unfortunately the car was not touched at all, but some progress was made.

Another auto has been sourced and hopefully will be better then whats currently in the car. Also all the fore see able materials were acquired to hopefully have the front and the sides of the car fully prepped ready for final paint and graphics (excluding the rear bar). Now the design is a rather simple design but will have checks intergrated into it so as to not be so over the top as to take away from the airbrushing going on the front end.

Also been in talks with my partners brother about the best way to make the most of a turbo setup for as little money as possible along with a few other little mods from the states I am liking the look of and yet to see here yet.

So hopefully in the next few days I will have the the final details of the turbo and possible pictures of the graphic layout on the car

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok today work got started. The drivers side of the car was sanded ready for more body work as was the radiator support panel and front bar. While working on the front bar I got out the pin striping tape and played with it for a little while until I liked what I had done and then out came the angle grinder. I used the grinder to make a grove around the middle opening much like the FPV bars.

Also prior to having to go on an unexpected road trip I did some work on my tail lights and think it came out really well. Now it isnt that nocitable in the day light but the good thing is that is has almost no effect on the brightness of the brake tail lights what so ever. Anyways here is a picture of what I have done. Now you should also know that the indicator lense will be getting some checks painted on it in night shades to help with continuing the planned graphics on the side of the car on to the tail gate

Now this little item I picked up from a tiny wrecker I had never noticed before on my way home from the road trip. I had never intended to purchase one of these but $30 bucks was to good to pass up

As some may notice its an NF fairlane cluster. I have no idea on the k's but was assured that its in prefect working order and was told if it doesnt work I can get a full refund. So durring the week I will be installing it.

Tomorrow I hope to get a full day to work on the car and to atleast have the front bar and front guards prepped and primed to be painted durring the week

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Today I picked up what I hope to be enough material to trim the door trims and dash like I did in my sedan. As the inserts were blue and were in the sedan originally they are going to be trimmed in red suede with speckles of black. Then the tops of the door trims and the top part of the dash are going to get the suede treatment but will get black with grey speckles.

Hopefully once the kids are in bed the door trims and inserts will get done and some pictures taken to show the difference

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok well as promised, a picture of the door trim. I have only dont the rear 2 so far and the picture doesnt do it justice so tomorrow I will reinstall them and take a pic in the day light

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Door trim looks interesting, would like to see it on a door, with a photo taken across the seat - see how it looks with the rest of the interior....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Here is a picture of the passengers side front trim fitted

The dash is in pieces and will get the black done this afternoon. I have also smoothed and trimmed the dash spear in the red suede

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Here are 2 more pictures of the car from today

Here is the dash spear trimmed and also the guage surround on the fairlane clusted painted to try mimic the colour of the dash spear

Also here is one corner of the car in primer and sanded ready for paint

This afternoon I fitted a 2 1/2 inch tail pipe to the car which will remain a single with a tip untill the twin tail pipes go on using part of the new tail pipe. On my way home though I decided enough was enough and went and got my twin 4yr old daughters there own tool boxes and tool so they can stop pinching mine. My only proplem now is they want to work on the car all night

They wanted lady bird stickers on the top but I had the number plate style stickers made months ago and were just laying around

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well today has been a break day. After taking one of my little helper to hospital for day surgery I went and got my tail pipe end with the tip on it and my resistor that I require to get my new cluster to work correctly. While at jaycar I bought 3 more little impulse items in the form of 2 black on off switches and 1 alloy look button.

The the switches and button have been put where the electric window switches would be. 1 switch will be for neons which will be hidden under the dash and under the seats, the other will be for a hand held spot light that will have a plug on the end of its cable that will fit into the correct socket which will be partially hidden under the usb. The button though will form a push button start that will require the key to be in the 'ON' position and the button to be pushed. A third switch migh also be added and hidden to disable the start button and there fore make the car unable to be started by accident by my little helpers

Note the panel has been painted and the other black pieces of the dash will be redone to match

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Stupid bloodie rain has slowed things down so much that only little things are getting done each day. Also the rain has also made trying to put the suede on the dash a very long task. Yesterday arfternoon the glue was sprayed on but only got tacky at lunch time today, so my missus and I took the chance to put the suede on to the main parts of the dash. We will let this sit for a few days before trying to get it to stretch around all the curves on the side but this shoud give and idea of how it will look

I also started taking the gauges off the bonnet and transfering one to the dash of the car. So the part of the dash where the clock normally goes has now got a big hole in it for the gauge. I used a bit of sheet metal to help get the shape and to position the gauge on an angle towards the driver and slightly upwards. Hopefully tomorrow I can get stuck into sanding it and giving the whole part a new coat of paint to match the cup holder.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next