Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 9 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: The wagon
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

Ok well today sore the dash panel iget to an almost finished state but due to the rain the dash is still not completely trimmed, but here are somepics of what was done today

I have tries to mimic the paint I did on the cup holders except this panel is smooth instead of the rough finish it has from the factory.

On a but note the car may not actually get much more work completed depending on the results of tests done today to see if they comfirm the doctors fears that I have cancer. I am just praying now that the results are negative

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

After having the first of a few crap nights sleep, I clicked on what I will do with my bonnet scoop to make it functional. Simply, make it a shaker. So toady I started by removing the scoop and cutting a huge hole in the bonnet.

In the next few days I hope to make a template for the box that will house the air filter and support the scoop itself. Also I tried to get more of the dash done and while getting stuff back onto the dash making it some what complete I am struggling with the sides. Here is a pic with the facia just sitting in place.

I have even been trying to get the rear bar into a better shape and believe I have possibley suceeded but only time will tell

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

:lol: abit random but i used to have one of those carpets thats under the interior peice when i was a kid :lol:

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks to jughead302, I now have the DF fairlane cluster wired into the basics. Tomorrow I will try test it and work out how to wire the trigger wires for the lcd door display

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I finally got the gearbox out which was the car was originally put up on stands, so hopefully with a few extra hands from mates we can lift the replacement box into place and get it all connected and get the front of the car back on and take it for a drive and see if the combination of the gearbox and exhaust improve the woeful low end torque and power I had been experiencing.

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Cool progress mate. I hope the doc's were wrong about the cancer.

A trolley jack or two scissor jacks will help with lifting the trans back into the car. :) I did my T5 myself recently with a trolley jack & a scissor jack to assist with the lifting.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well some quick messurements and a quick sketch on ms paint I know have a rough plan for the intake. So on monday I will be pricing up materials to see which whay will give the best bang for the buck. Not shown in my little sketch are 4 little legs that I plan to mount using the manifold bolts. the whole box will be spaced roughly 25mm above the tappet cover and will have a 3 inch pipe in it for a pod filter and the mixer for the gas system with a possible shield above the filter to limit and water soak. At them moment I am thinking all alloy but might end up with a mix of alloy and fibre glass.

Not the corners will end up being slightly different to allow access to the nuts that are used to hold the scoop on.

So any thought or ideas will be helpfully to try make this whole thing work to its best

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Cool idea, it sounds like you have thought about it for a while. Fiberglass or plastic will have less heat soak then alloy.

If your worried about water getting in it & into the filter, you will need to have some sort of a drain tube at the back of the airbox with a little hose that runs down the firewall to allow the water to escape. Sort of like how a sunroof cassette has the drain tubes in the corners.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well I have been playing around with ideas for 3 yrs but that was for a box to seal against the bonnet. This should be easier and cooler. a pipe will most likely let water escape but may even go as far as a hydra static valve to allow the water to flow out but get the hot air out

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

issue you will have is clearance with the BBM, I built a shaker set up for Fordebgt93 but that was using a Log Manfold.

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I think I hace accounted for that and should not be an issue. I have the hole already in the bonnet and the bonnet is sitting on the car to try get messurements and the manifold is is still under the sheet metal and not in the hole

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

good.

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Last night when thinking about my planned graphics I thought it might be cool to try come up with a logo for it. This is my rough attempt

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

rough copy alright, you need a proper one done NOW! (use gimp photoshop, free download)

Cheers.
Tony

BANNED USER

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my computer hates those type of programs. Some days it struggles with internet explorer or windows media player

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next