Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 10 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: The wagon
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

yeah well, and just posted on the topic of your car not starting

BANNED USER

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

ok well trying to work out why the h*ll my car wont start i decided to get a pic of the dash put together minus the stereo strround which I have modified so it no longer has the lighter in it

The button is for the driving/spot lights that will be fitted to the front bar

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Still no luck with starting my car so I decided to tackle the rear bar today while I wait for parts to turn up. Its shaping up very nicely and is looking like it will work much better with the line of the rear end on an e-series wagon. only got 1 picture of one side as I am having a tiny bit of trouble trying to get the the other side to look the same. Hopefully tomorrow will see the other side matching beter and the work begining to prep it for paint

Also thanks to MRFGXR6 from AFF I can now show a picture to give people an idea on the direction of the air brushing that will be happening on the bonnet very shortly

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is todays effort. I have finally got the front bar in primer so now the grove and the modifcation to the bottom of the number plate area are more visable. Still need another coat of primmer and then I can start getting it ready for the colour

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

More pictures of the rear bar. I had a tiny bit of primer left so it got sprayed on to one side of the rear bar I will use it to help get the dam thing smooth. Its coming along nicely now and hope its done soon.

ImageImage

Also while sanding I think I have worked out the easiest way to do the twin tail pipes so maybe next week I might get the pipe to attempt it myself

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well today was a bit of a screwed day. after finding last night all my test results came back clear for cancer I was happy. Then I still had to go to hospital today in relation to my hands. Bang more bad new. Looks like I have carpultunnel and nerve damage in my right hand but I will be going back in the not to distant future to find out when I will be going in for surgery to try get the bone in my hand back into a normal position.

But on the car front I did score a spoiler to play with. It was a genuine xr lip spoiler but had a little bit on damage under it from the loss of one of the bolts which then rusted. No get issue though as you will see in the pictures the ends have been chopped off and the whole thing is now only 98cm from end to end. It still requires a heap of work but once done will be yet another one off part on the exterior of the car

the spoiler is just sitting there with an old adaptor weighting it down

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

not meaning to seem rude or anything, but atm it looks absolutely nice. just cant wait to see how the rest turns out

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nothing rude about your comment mate. I agree with people about the first attempt on the rear bar.
I tried something one off and new and failed but in doing so it helped me to find a better direction for the rear bar and at the end I will have something unique and to me thats the whole point to modifying cars, to make it mine and unique.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats why if i did that i would use a spare bar and if it came up bad, throw it away and start again but you had the guts to do it to the standard ford one. that i congratulate you on

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

nah man not guts, just no other option. only having a single parenting pension for most of the build of this car I have to make things for the cheapest possible price. This bar rear bar combined total has cost about $80. Once I am happy I will be getting a mould made of the rear bar so I can get a complete fibre glass replacement which woul hopefully weigh less although this bar doesnt weigh as much as you would think as alot of material has been removed

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah. and have you got any door handles i could have (plastic will do) as my old ones are all starting to show wear

Cheers.
Tony

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If you had asked a couple of weeks ago I had a full set of internal and external I could have given you but not anymore sorry

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

crap, always next time if it does come up again. and also i forgot to say that the news you got today is excellent but the bone in your hand isnt as big as cancer so lucky you

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

been living with buggered hands for almost 5 years now. Just gos to show how quick QLD health is to respond to a GPs referral

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok people here it is, a full size mock up of the intake. It all fits perfect except for the area near the oil cap and 2 other areas which only need a dint for clearence. So now all I have to do is work out what material I am going to use.

Here are the pics

Note there will be a panel under this that will close the gaps on the side while helping to keep the filter in place

The intake is just sitting on top roughly. It is not in position nor is it mounted

So what do peole think?

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next