Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 11 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: The wagon
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

Today sore the remains of the xr boot lip get glued and screwed to the boot. With the bits remaining I played with the angel grinder and ended up with something I used to get the shape to make the spoiler look finished

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Are you going to use the rear bars and spoiler to get moulds made from to have new panels made in fibreglass?
The car must weigh a tonne with all the bog.
Nice work but.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes that is the ultimate plan and I am hoping that having moulds for the boot spoiler, rear bar, intake and maybe the rear flares could come in handy

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well the car seems to be cursed at the moment. After reinstalling the gear box a couple of weeks ago the car would not start. Found that the starter was dead. So got ahold of another starter and try again. No luck. Appears that its the BCM. Now while trying to pack up/tidy up for the move this week I noticed a puddle under the car. After looking around it seems that the bottom of the passenger side end tank of the radiator is leaking. Have no idea why its leaking now but the car hasnt run in 2 weeks, hasnt been worked on for 6 days and hasnt been driven for almost a month. So now I am on the hunt a Black el wagon BCM and a decent second hand radiator for as little money as possible so I can drive it to the new place where it will all come back to pieces again

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

spac wrote:
Well the car seems to be cursed at the moment. After reinstalling the gear box a couple of weeks ago the car would not start. Found that the starter was dead. So got ahold of another starter and try again. No luck. Appears that its the BCM. Now while trying to pack up/tidy up for the move this week I noticed a puddle under the car. After looking around it seems that the bottom of the passenger side end tank of the radiator is leaking. Have no idea why its leaking now but the car hasnt run in 2 weeks, hasnt been worked on for 6 days and hasnt been driven for almost a month. So now I am on the hunt a Black el wagon BCM and a decent second hand radiator for as little money as possible so I can drive it to the new place where it will all come back to pieces again

i have a black working bcm from an EL GLi Wagon, you can have it for $15 or $20 and $5 for postage

BANNED USER

Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:56 am 
Fordmods Junkie

I dont want to see anymore BS from you huggie. leave this thread alone.

Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

seems my post got deleted, if u need a rad i have one, you can have, pm me

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well while I am not in the same state as the car I have been using the time to work on the planned graphics and after watch many of the airbrushing dvds I have access to I have come up with the graphics for the car.

The planned graphics are drawn in red and will consist of black, red and white and with the exception of a couple of areas most will be ghosted some what.

Now to explain the drawings a little bit. The circle looking stuff on the front will be skulls within the hot rod style flames. The bottom of the rear door will have a 'Tickford Taxi' logo and the rear quaters will recieve checks once again that will continue around the back of the car.

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to pass them on ans I will see if I can draw them

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey spac.

i sent off the bcm for you yesterday as i didnt get my car back from ford until after dark monday so it should be there around more than likely friday or at the latest tuesday. any delays i will PM you on it

BANNED USER

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Here are another 2 sets of designs I was playing with for graphics

1/

2/

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey spac, have you gotten it yet cause if you havent, i can get you another one that works

BANNED USER

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

anything

BANNED USER

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

nah man I have not recieved anything. I have checked with oz post and all the houses next door to my old place and checked with the people living in my old place and no one has seen it

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

oh, i will have to send up a replacement

BANNED USER

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well nothing as happened with this car as late as it is stuck in QLD and I am in NSW. I have how ever had some time to plan the car a little more and pbits and pieces I am wanting. Once the car is united back with me in NSW I can get stuck into agian.

Things that should happen rather quickly once in NSW are the intake which my brother inlaw has kindly agreed to make for me out of alloy,, twin tail pipes, removal of eb gt skirts so that I can fit el gt skirts and installation of a black uniden single din cb radio which will be mainly for looks but in the sticks where I am will actually work and the bonus is it will be connected to a hidden PA speaker behind the front bar.

Once those things are done along with the rest of the body work it will be into a shed for a home based spray job prior to the airbrushing bing done. I have also located a set of CSA Magnum alloy wheels with tyres that I hope to purchase shortly as well to replace the black mags

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next