Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 12 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: The wagon
Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

After spending more money on the car on friday trying to get it started and having it fail to do so I finally got some good news about the wagon today. The car is booked to get transported from where it sits in Morayfield QLD to where I now live in Urbenville NSW.

Once it arrives I can get stuck into finishing the body kit, boot spoiler, bonnet and intake so it can go into paint asap

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

Hey spac, dont take this from me as a stupid suggestion, but when you turned the key onto accessories (cluster and aircon on), did you hear the fuel pump prime?

BANNED USER

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes the fuel pump works. The bcm I got from the wreckers was reprogramed using details found on here. Starter is a secondhand one but came with a 3 month warranty and I have tried both my ecu's. I have even replaced the DF fairlane cluster with the stock one even though the car has started with the cluster installed prior to this problem happening

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well today is a tiny update. The car arrives tomorrow in NSW and hopefully some of the stuff I have ordered will arrive. Now I am still trying to work out the colour but some details have been sorted a little today. The main things are the car will not be lowered more then 1 inch in the front, the gas is not going to be refitted, There will not be any subs fitted in the boot, a new dvd system is going to be sourced and I am going to try locate a 3rd row seat.

The reson for this is my partner and I are now expecting our first child/childern together on top of the twins I already have so the wagon will get some extras to help while the search now begins to find a late model automatic petrol landcruiser to replace the 2003 kia sportage

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yay after almost 6 weeks the wagon is now in my grubby little hands

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well Its alive. YAY :bounce I Had the battery on charge last night and this morning hooked it back up along with jumper leads connected to the kia for that little bit of extra power and it slowly cranked to life and let out a huge below when it did. 5 mins later the local cop was here about the noise but didnt really care as he was more excited about seeing the finished product.

So I checked all the fluids and refilled the radiator and gearbox and took it for its first drive in over 2 months even though it has no rego. (Cop was fine with that as long as it isnt a common thing) All I can say is the replacement box has done the trick and the car now feels stronger then the sedan did and was able to keep the wheels spinning up to the end of second gear.

So with the car now running my enthusiusm at a high things started to happen. A CB radio was fitted under the cd player with the areial base located in the center of the roof approx inline with the b-pillars where there was already a hole from its taxi days. The velour on the dash has been tidied up on the sides and templates made to cover the ends of the dash with an alloy panel to hide the folds of the material.

Also the sills were tidied up after the removal of the EB GT skirts and the EL GT skirts have now been attatched. The boot spoiler also got a bit of work done on the passengers side end piece which almost mimics what I have done to the drivers side perfectly. Tomorrow I will start shaping it better and possibley start filling in the cuts used to ben the spoiler.

Sorry no pictures yet as we cant find a cable to connect the digital camera or mobile phone to the computer but pictures will be put up as soon as we find onee of those cables

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok I finally have some pictures of the progress although they arent very good ones its all I could get.

Hopefully you can see the progress on the rear spoiler, the EL GT side skirts, the arieal mount on the roof and the dash complete with uhf radio and DF fairlane cluster

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

did you draw those pictures?..... they look wicked !!!

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

which pictures? the one of the graphic ideas? if so then yes but those plans have changed

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

get a better camera!!! :P

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I am going to try with a phone camera today the web cam used yesterday sucked. hopefully the pics off the phone will be good enough until I can get a digital camera

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hopefully this are better. Excuse the mess the car is kind of being used for storage as well

Dash:
As you can see parts are not finished or are not there. I have the parts but not the material to finish them yet

Back of the car:
Everything is still very rough due to lack of materials. Most of the materials needed to make the moulds have been ordered and are waiting for me to pick up at some point

Side and roof:
The pictures of the roof and bonnet so the uhf aerial mount which is using a hole from back when it was a taxi and show the bonnet in a very rough state. I hope if I am lucky to pick up the induction this weeken so I can messure fot the mounts so I can then make the hole as small as possible to allow the movement of the scoop.

These picture are also show things in a rougher light then they actually are. Also I have been in contact with Hillier Coverstions and hope to find out if and when my car goes to them to recieve some of there custom magic.

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well after spending the weekend up in QLD on the Sunshine Coast and picking up a few small supplies for the car while I was up there I was excited to get to work on it today.

I have painted the stereo surround and the shifter surround even though the shifter surround inst finished. It will be getting the black vinyl shift boot off my partners Kia along with an alloy surround to secure the boot to the console. Also I have been using the alloy to shape the end pieces for the dash which will be trimmed in the black velour but will cover the folds and clumping where the velour wouldnt stretch any further.

Also while working on smoothing the rear flares and bar I decided to remove the standard aerial seeing as I had already replaced it with a windscreen one, so now the guard is smooth and aerial free

Only 2 pictures but tomorrow I hope to get stuck into the side skirts.

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED Futura

VIC, Australia

I'm sorry but I cant say Im a fan of this.

"We will rise from chaos to elude this damnation, Hail horror, hail infernal world, better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i rekon a coat of paint and some big wheels would change that

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next