Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 17 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: Bitsa Taxi Wagon
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

The light came with 3m double sided tape. so after marking out where I wanted the light I did grin the area back a little to flatten it out but didnt grind threw the casting of the mirror. I have been building up the shape using the same fibrefiller I have been using on the rear bar. Unfortunately the mirror have already been dropped but all is well and should hold up well if the rear bar is anything to go by

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well the start of a new week and all was good until the mail man turned up without my central locking kit after being assured it would be here today. So I got stuck back into the tappet cover again and got almost all the reamining paint off. The bits left are no visable when the engine is complete so not to fussed.

After putting the tappet cover back on the motor I decided to start removing some of the wiring left over from the gas system which with one cut tidied up the mires on the drivers side of the bay alot. I then decided to try work out what to do with the area where the air box used to live and worked out moving the washer bottle would work well there with the help of some alloy I had laying around. I still have to connect the tube for the washers but the wiring just runs along the chassis rail.

Here are a few pictures I got before the rain came.

Tomorrow if the rain is gone I hope to have both mirrors one the car with the indicator wiring run and connected and maybe my central locking if it arrives

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well tonight a deal was done and when my tax money arrives I will be getting some 3 piece 16 inch BBS wheels. I would have rathered 17's but with these wheels I can change the inner and or outer rims to suit the look I want.

Here is a picture of the style of wheel

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

1 Big warning. rolled alloy is soft.
Cast alloy is much harder to bend.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Apparently they are an extremely tough wheel as they were designed for motorsport. If the wheels still have genuine BBS rim sections then I should be fine but if not I will have to see what I can get out of america for them.

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well today was the end of the freezing winds that had stopped me from working on the car. So First thing was I went and source a new belt cover, stereo surrond and a few other little things from Warwick. So I got stuck into smoothing the belt cover and getting it ready for paint which at this point will be aluminium or white depending on what colour I paint the car. Then got back onto the mirrorsand with a little light weight filler and alot of sanding I have one mirror ready for high fill/undercoat and tomorrow I should have the other done as well.

This week I also found some BA/BF style dual tips which should arrive early next week along 2 new actuators for my aftermarket central locking. Tomorrow I hope to get the smoothing of the body line/crease done and ready for primer

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I found some gloss black paint so gave the drivers mirror a quick coat so I can get an idea of the finished product

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

That mirror looks very cool.... I was a bit doubtfull....

But I like it!!!!!

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks man its slowly coming together. I could actuallyy be making another set of mirrors with a different style of indicator

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well Today after many phone calls I got some answers about some mods I have and want to do. Now my licence and rego on the car are in QLD but I am in NSW so I checked both sets of rules.

Graphics: In both QLD and NSW I can have graphics/ Bare metal on the car as long as its not to reflective, but neither can specify whats considered to reflective.

Bonnet and intake: Again both states say it needs to be engineered but after speaking to a few shops I have been told that if I run square tube around the opening and weld it to the bonnet skin and original supports I should be fine even though it technically wouldnt be engineered.

Side indicators: QLD says that the side indicators can not be moved, modified, or replaced in any way so my LED indicators on the mirror are illegal and so whould be using EB GT indicators to suit the flares or using aftermarket clear versions of the standard EL ones. NSW is basically the same except for the fact that you can reposition them and or replace them with standard indicators off a vehicle that has the same or newer ADR's. Mine legally have to be engineered in NSW

Windscreen washer jets: QLD they must remain original in every way. So already mine are illegal because they are aftermarket. NSW say they are not required by law.

So now if I build it to suit the rules of where the car gets driven I then run the risk of being defected when traveling to see family but if I build it to suit the rules of where it is registered I can still get defected on other things. There is no way to build this car to be legal in NSW and QLD while being modified. So if I follow the advice by a family friend who happens to be in the federal police I should just keep going and doing what I want as long as its not obvious and I dont drive in a manner that attracts attention

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

lol.. those rules relay have you one over a barrell!!! Nice wing mirror mod BTW. Where do you find the time?! lol

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Time is easy. I am a stay at home dad. My partner works 3 days a week and round the corner from where she work is a pre school so she takes the kids with her on 2 of the days she works. As long as the dishes and clothes are clean and dinner is made I can go crazy on the car durring the day. I am lucky to have a partner that not only allows me to work on the car but encourages me to modify it

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The Government has made me sit down and rethink some of my plans. I can either rush the car and have some of the things finished for the Kedron all fod show in October or miss the show and try finish it. So the new plans are to try have the car done by Xmas.

With the extra time I have started taking more parts of the car back to bare metal mainly on the front end as well as block sanding parts on the rear like the tail gate and rear quaters which are both coming up 100 times better then I had hoped. The washer bottle is all sorted in its new home and the wires and hose run and all is good.

Inside of the car currently is just the dash, roof liner and the rear seat. I am looking into replacing the vinyl floor but as yet havent had any luck finding a replacement as I want to keep the vinyl on the floor. Also a small section of the rear console that sits between the rear of the standard console and the front of the rear seat is shaped but will not get any mor work done to it until I work out the exact shape of the part that sites on top of the seat base.

Hopefully a few remaining things arrive this week allowing me to have the central locking, interior lights and some alloy dress up pieces done prior to the final stages of the body work begining

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok for yet another week the rain and wind is playing havoc with the build, so I have had to try do smaller mods and projects to keep the build progressing while remaining inside. My little project was to repair my old mobile phone using parts from ebay so that I was able to post better pictures and now that I have it working better pictures will be posted.

Now back to the car. I was able to clean up the paint in the engine bay and make it look shinnier and I am now leaning towards keeping the entire car white. I decided to paint the belt cover, washer bottle and over flow bottle an aluminium colour but cant decide on red, black or polish for the rocker cover. I have how ever smoothed the washer bottle of its mould marks and all the numbers and logos that were on it and did the same to the belt cover as well.

Now the over flow bottle is a little different and seeing as I have a spare I have attempted to smooth out the tom of the bottle. Hopefully it will work but will see when it progresses further. On the outside of the car I have smoothed out the body line on the driverside quater and it certainly looks different. The pictures actually show it rougher then it really is.

Inside I have had to change my stereo surround due to it breaking, so I have stared fitting an alloy panel where the UHF was going to live and will end up having a few switches mounted to it to control the driving lights, push button start (2x alloy buttons), fuel pump and posibley a few other things. I have also got some red neons which will be wired into the interior lighting and hidden under the front seats and dash and another set hidden under the sharker that will only turn on when the bonet is oppened.

Here are a few crappy pictures. I would get more as this were only taken 30 mins ago but it is now raining again

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I forgot to add that all of the exterior stickers and bagdes are gone except for the ford badge on the grill

Sort by  
 Page 17 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next