Fordmods Logo

BRY40L's build EF fairmont 

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's build EF fairmont
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

yesh! changed my transmission fluid, havent bothered doing it in 8 months or so because i either didnt have time, or didnt have money, and whenever i put money aside for the car i had to spend it on other things to keep it running like the waterpump or the exhaust because the old one got to the point it was an inch of mild steel holding the pipe into the muffler haha, and ive done a fair few kms on the highway some weekend driving 2 hours friday nite and back on sundays, so changed the fluid today since ive had no work for a while and im tryin to make good use of my days with little money, and yes as soon as i cracked the seal on that sump the smell! my little tool shed will never smell the same since i spilt a little bit of the old fluid on the floor, but i put some fresh fluid and a filter in and some lucas transmission additive to stop slipping and condition the transmission which works a treat and im getting sweet shifts, i also put in the xr6 tailshaft, i think it may have made a difference, but only a bees d**k of difference lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
i also put in the xr6 tailshaft, i think it may have made a difference, but only a bees d**k of difference lol

Believe it if it makes you feel good i reckon. The xr shafts are lighter though...

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it definatly feels better to drive but if it was a hard job to swap it i wouldnt of bothered, actually it was hard i had to angle grind the bolts off the old one and buy new ones, and the grinder blew up after 1 bolt, and it wasnt mine so i had to buy a new one and now i still dont own my own grinder :(

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

havent done anything lately just been painting my brothers $100 ford festiva in rattle can marone lol, might upload a pic of it when its done, this is a quick burnout video i did on a little bit of cement at my dads a few months ago with my old tyres, it was spinning twins so we went to video it and it let us down once the camera came out and only kicked one wheel :(

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just click on the above picture

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mite make me an electronic shift kit next pay day for the beast

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

no updates lately been busy at work

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my mate painted his tail lights on his ve aniversary ute the other day with night shades tail light paint and i had a set of spare side indicators so i decided to paint them, and will do my tail lights when i get some new ones as mine have been cracked since i bought the car and ive glued them up, ill upload a picture later when my phones charged, also going to look at a vn s pac commodore today so my brother can join the redneck club lol, he had a ford festiva trio he payed $100 for with 4 months reg and shattered the gearbox case thrashing it up the bush,

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

also forgot to mention the black strips running down both sides of the front windscreen looked crappy one had faded and gone rough and the driver side had the plastic s**t peeling off it so i got a razor blade scratched the rest of it off and painted the metal black with a flat black pressure pack can and it looks much better

BF XR6

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my cars been in the wars lately, diffs RS(rat s**t) and the bottom end knock is getting louder, windscreen has cracked, from a stone chip off a truck, flat battery, small coolant leak, and the injectors need replacing, not to mention i need new tyres, sway bar rubbers,and the bodys been hammered with hail a while ago,so if i get some fulltime work soon ill be in the market for another car, and i might strip this thing out for the fairmont gear and put it into another car, or sell off whats left of the usefull parts in the car

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bloody 4.0L's! did a head gasget a while ago so i put some head sealer s**t in it for 10 bucks and it hasent let me down since :twisted:

recently put a deposit down on a el gli 5 speed so once i get my tax back in a week or so ill be getting the ol girl home to replace the aux shaft and sort out whats needed for rego as the monts rego is out in 2 or so months and it definatly isnt fit for rego lol. then ill swap out the zorst springs and fairmont trip computer/seats and mid series dash into the el and sell the rest of the useful bits from the fairmont,

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3